LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 151 users in the forums

49ers sign Mario Manningham

Shop Find 49ers gear online
does Mario have any health issues?
Meh

I wish him the best, but still wish we could've kept Morgan.

Welcome

Am I the only one who believes that we have found our #1 receiver?
Originally posted by niner4life21:

Welcome

Not a 1 but definitely our 2
This is frigggin huge!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Originally posted by kezar49er:
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
though i'm all for signing peyton... odds are in the favor of smith coming back IMHO, unless niners revoked the 3 year contract already offered to smith..

That contract was offered at the start of FA, and the fact that Smith/Condom refused that offer is probably what caused the Niners to get in the Manning race.

Talks of the Niners and Alex not being on the same page for a contract were coming up before the start of FA, which was last Tuesday. Apparently, Harbaugh and Manning met on Tuesday.

Makes sense to me.

I havent heard a word about the offer being off the table. Smith could sign the offer at any time if he wants the deal unless someone has info that it was pulled.

He will probally sign before Monday if he's smart

Referring more to the previous post, I think it's pretty safe to assume that it wasn't a denial by Smith that lead the Niners to Manning, but that the pursuit of Manning lead to Condon holding up the deal on Smith's behalf. Judging by the quotes by Alex that he was basically happy with the deal, and more recently that Alex may be firing Condon, it seems that Smith isn't too happy with Condon holding back his deal in favor of pushing for Manning's bigger deal.
[ Edited by mug0mug on Mar 17, 2012 at 11:54 PM ]
Originally posted by jreff22:

I don't believe he does at all
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by jreff22:

I don't believe he does at all

good, I wasn't sure about any health issues
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
He did make the biggest catch in their Super Bowl win...

Welcome

Probably not, but you guys are in for a rude awakening if you think Manningham is better than Moss and Crabtree.
[ Edited by mug0mug on Mar 17, 2012 at 11:54 PM ]

Originally posted by mug0mug:

Welcome

Probably not, but you guys are in for a rude awakening if you think Manningham is better than Moss and Crabtree.

Crabs has not proved he is better than Manningham. I definitely see your point, but Crabs isn't there yet.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
What difference a Harbaugh makes.
Originally posted by mug0mug:

i lol'd
[ Edited by DaDivaRecieva15 on Mar 17, 2012 at 11:59 PM ]
Mario GoingHAM
To the people saying we would have been better off signing Wallace. PLEASE! We probably paid 1/4 what we would have paid to get Wallace so less vested = less risk too. Wallace would have commanded our first round pick and I bet you anything Baalke already has his eyes on who he will draft in the first round. Remember he got us Aldon Smith with our draft. With Mario we get a good WR at probably a decent price and add another deep threat to our roster. We will have a very scary roster by the start of May I bet you anything.
[ Edited by BayArea on Mar 18, 2012 at 12:10 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone