There are 198 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The "Cohn" Thread

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OldJoe:
Never forgave him for stirring up things with Walsh, Montana and Young. Like he had the right to level such awful criticism.

Self anointed experts make me laugh.

Ralph (the little razor) Barbieri always drove me nuts. Being a cheerleader in college does not make you a expert critic of football.

also remember,, montana and young used the eager media to push their own agenda which created lots of problems, even god did a piss poor job of handling that. That is why i am always thankful that ck alex and Jh did not follow that example last year. we could have had a real f**king mess on our hands but we did not,,, walsh, montana and young, all egomaniacs, could have learned something from the way things were handled around here last year
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by OldJoe:
Never forgave him for stirring up things with Walsh, Montana and Young. Like he had the right to level such awful criticism.

Self anointed experts make me laugh.

Ralph (the little razor) Barbieri always drove me nuts. Being a cheerleader in college does not make you a expert critic of football.

also remember,, montana and young used the eager media to push their own agenda which created lots of problems, even god did a piss poor job of handling that. That is why i am always thankful that ck alex and Jh did not follow that example last year. we could have had a real f**king mess on our hands but we did not,,, walsh, montana and young, all egomaniacs, could have learned something from the way things were handled around here last year

Egomaniacs win SuperBowls. I don't care how things shake out as long as the 49ers win. Last year's team did not win. This team needs to learn a few things from Montana Walsh and young, such as making winning a priority, and not being all lovey dovey to each other.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Egomaniacs win SuperBowls. I don't care how things shake out as long as the 49ers win. Last year's team did not win. This team needs to learn a few things from Montana Walsh and young, such as making winning a priority, and not being all lovey dovey to each other.

In this case it's a lot simpler - don't let the other team score 34 points. How many Super Bowls would Montana, Walsh and Young have lost if the other team scored 34 points?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
when it comes to the quarterback controversy,, i am just saying last years version of walsh, young and montana handled things much much better than the original trio. last years team did win and while no one is upset more than me about the super bowl,, you can not call last years team losers and while i question what happened at the end of the super bowl, questioning the team , players and coaches commitment to winning is something so far off the radar screen I can not picture it
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GNielsen:
In this case it's a lot simpler - don't let the other team score 34 points. How many Super Bowls would Montana, Walsh and Young have lost if the other team scored 34 points?

i just did not like the way young and montana used the media, who were were wet, eager and welcoming,, to push their agenda in those days,, after reading the book joe vs steve I can still love those guys but lost some respect for them and the way that whole fiasco was handled by all parties back then
You definitely didn't have the backhanded comments and carping the way you did during the Montana-Young controversy. But, I reject the notion that the reason the Niners didn't win the Super Bowl last year was because they weren't egomaniacs. I think that's just silly. They didn't win the Super Bowl because the defense and special teams couldn't stop the Ravens from scoring - pure and simple. The offense scored 31 points - that would have been enough to win every Super Bowl that came before this game except one - and the one would have been a tie to go into overtime 31-31.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
You definitely didn't have the backhanded comments and carping the way you did during the Montana-Young controversy. But, I reject the notion that the reason the Niners didn't win the Super Bowl last year was because they weren't egomaniacs. I think that's just silly. They didn't win the Super Bowl because the defense and special teams couldn't stop the Ravens from scoring - pure and simple. The offense scored 31 points - that would have been enough to win every Super Bowl that came before this game except one - and the one would have been a tie to go into overtime 31-31.

of course this is the truth and i think 98 per cent of niner fans would agree

Not me. That 94 team had a very suspect defense. And if last years offense scored on the first drive without giving the ravens short fields, and didn't commit two turnovers, we would have had a different game. Sloppy offense, no ball control makes it harder on the defense.

Not me. That 94 team had a very suspect defense. And if last years offense scored on the first drive without giving the ravens short fields, and didn't commit two turnovers, we would have had a different game. Sloppy offense, no ball control makes it harder on the defense.

I remember the Defense to be pretty good, looking at the stats they were 6th in points given up, having played 7 games against teams who were in the top 10 in points scored.

fix was in
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:

I remember the Defense to be pretty good, looking at the stats they were 6th in points given up, having played 7 games against teams who were in the top 10 in points scored.

That 94 Niner defense had elite players up front in R Jackson, R Dent, B Young, D Stubblefield and a cold secondary when you have Deion shutting down half the field and Merton Hanks patrolling the back end with Eric Wright on the other side. They also weren't abnged up down the stretch as our defense was and giving up points by the pound and creating deficits that were insurmountable. Our team just got outplayed and lost to the other side. We should learn from this
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:

That 94 Niner defense had elite players up front in R Jackson, R Dent, B Young, D Stubblefield and a cold secondary when you have Deion shutting down half the field and Merton Hanks patrolling the back end with Eric Wright on the other side. They also weren't abnged up down the stretch as our defense was and giving up points by the pound and creating deficits that were insurmountable. Our team just got outplayed and lost to the other side. We should learn from this

Typo Eric Davis

The '94 defense was sixth in the league in points allowed and the offense was first in the league. In the Super Bowl, the defense gave up 26 points and 16 of them were allowed during what anyone would describe as "garbage time." The Niners were up 35-10 before the Chargers scored their last 16 points. So, you're just flat-out wrong on a few things. This team would have won anyway because this team scored 31 points (hint: that's more points than 26). The 94 defense was in no way, shape or form, a "suspect defense". The front seven included Rickey Jackson, Gary Plummer, Ken Norton, Richard Dent, Charles Man, Bryant Young and Dana Stubblefield who had his best year. The corners were Deion Sanders and Eric Davis (Sanders once said that Davis was the best corner he ever played across from). Merton Hanks made the pro bowl that year at safety. Sanders was defensive player of the year.

So Jose Cortez, you're just wrong, wrong, wrong.
Can't believe we are giving this family of malcontents a whole thread.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Can't believe we are giving this family of malcontents a whole thread.