There are 81 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The "Cohn" Thread

• cciowa
  • Veteran
was he around back in the glory days bashing the niners or did that job belong to skip bayless?
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
"Additional meaning, if you can stand the naked truth: The Niners, who often fail in the red zone, failed yet again on this drive. They got to the red zone, then went backward and had to settle for a field goal. The drive was reminiscent of the awful, game-losing drive of the Super Bowl, the Niners swiftly moving down the field but not knowing how to enter the promised land.

You could say this one drive, the only drive that mattered in Thursday's game, demonstrated everything we already know about the Niners' offense — the great, the good, the ugly. It was a familiar story. I was hoping for a different ending."

What a f**king douche. The zone needs to stop linking press democrat articles. Make a damn statement that we don't support journalism used to get a rise out of a fan base.

I read the whole thing cuz I knew it was gonna be full of lulz, it was really bad
"Additional meaning, if you can stand the naked truth: The Niners, who often fail in the red zone, failed yet again on this drive. They got to the red zone, then went backward and had to settle for a field goal. The drive was reminiscent of the awful, game-losing drive of the Super Bowl, the Niners swiftly moving down the field but not knowing how to enter the promised land.

You could say this one drive, the only drive that mattered in Thursday's game, demonstrated everything we already know about the Niners' offense — the great, the good, the ugly. It was a familiar story. I was hoping for a different ending."

You got to be kidding me? That's real? This POS has the audacity to compare that drive, in the first preseason game, to the f**kin Super Bowl. What a worthless douche.
He's a provocateur which means an A--Hole w/money.
I stopped reading after I read the title of the Article SMH, straight douche!... there are times where I'm bored at work and I'll read his articles just to kill time and I respect his criticism, but most of the time his article shows how much of an A*shole he is.
Never forgave him for stirring up things with Walsh, Montana and Young. Like he had the right to level such awful criticism.

Self anointed experts make me laugh.

Ralph (the little razor) Barbieri always drove me nuts. Being a cheerleader in college does not make you a expert critic of football.
Press Democrat = do not read
Read the latest and all of his points are spot on with our "concerns" while also noting we shouldn't worry yet (after just one pre season game). Points about the OT, depth along the OL in general, shooting ourselves in the foot with loss of yardage plays and penalties and our struggles to get first downs after that (esp. in the RZ) are spot on. ST coverage points were also correct. I'll read any Niner article...some by Cohn are insightful, some are inciting and others are "meh." But I'll give credit when he or any beat writer hits on relevant points.
And I love MB!
the fact that this is 34 pages long shows we're giving them too much of our time
Originally posted by crabman82:
the fact that this is 34 pages long shows we're giving them too much of our time

Yes. All you need to know about Lowell Cohen is that he's old school and he believes that provoking readers will increase reading and help business. He did this constantly when he was working for the Chronicle during the last golden age.
Originally posted by sacniner:

You got to be kidding me? That's real? This POS has the audacity to compare that drive, in the first preseason game, to the f**kin Super Bowl. What a worthless douche.

Not to mention he has his facts wrong. The Niners were not in the redzone prior to getting penalized. We only made it inside the 20 after Kap threw to Moore on 3rd down. The FG was the only play ran inside the 20.
Originally posted by cciowa:
was he around back in the glory days bashing the niners or did that job belong to skip bayless?

Lowell made his name by being the only local sportswriter to bash our local heroes. Then little Grant is handed the job Daddy secure's for him.
They both have the schtick, of being critical of the Niners. Where they get off thinking they know enough criticize IS THE JOKE.
Common shock jocks who say outlandish things to get attention, every team has em. Just look at the number pages in this thread about these yahoos, I don't see a Barrows or Kawakami thread 34 deep. I guess the saying "there's no such thing as bad publicity" applies lol.
Elder Cohn weasly attacking Brooks again