LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 313 users in the forums

Poll: Peyton or Alex?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Poll: Peyton or Alex?

Peyton but I will concede and say... in Harbaugh I trust.. Whatever he does I will 100% back as the best choice.
Manning, by all accounts, is healthy and throwing well. Even the most ardent Smith supporters must admit that a healthy Petyon > Smith.

Smith did a great job last year, but he's still Alex Smith. It may be a raw deal for him after years of poor teams and coaches, but putting Manning on this team makes us not only the prohibitive super bowl favorite but also, if everyone plays to their potential, a contender for one of the greatest teams of all time.
We're built to win now. As much as I like Alex, Manning would make us instant Superbowl favorites.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Originally posted by bleeds9ersredandgold:
Originally posted by BSofSF:
I've given you nothing but logic and facts. Why don't you answer this one: How do Peyton Manning's post-season achievements stack up with his regular season achievements? Answer: notably worse. So, if this is all about pushing the Niners over the top to get the Super Bowl, why is everyone so certain that Manning is the guy? Manning's playoff record is 9-10. He was one-and-done SEVEN times with Colts. TDs 29 Ints 19 QB Rating 88.4. We're not talking about signing Joe Montana here.

DAMN i love this post!

it is well known Peyton doesn't win the big games!!

That is an undeniable fact. He's a well known choker.

He's never had a defence like ours.
Superbowl MVP's
Manning 1
Alex 0
When the organization didn't seem interested I wasn't very interested. Now that we're involved I want him BAD!
Alex Smith with a new O coordinator in seattle... poor guy
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
look how s**tty the colts are without him. you add him into the mix, they're superbowl contenders. Look how s**tty we are without him. you add him into the mix, we're unstoppable.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Its amazing what a difference a year makes. The guy gets hurt once and now some people would take Alex over Manning. Ridiculous
Originally posted by smithc28:
Remember last year when I think it was against the Cards (not ol sure on that) Ginn gets a punt return and takes it nearly 70yards he's just ready to score a touchdown and gets caught and falls 3 feet from glory. I knew then and I know other people felt the same way that it was going to be 3 points and ol and behold Akers comes on to kick.

I like Alex, I really do and I'm happy for him to lead to the team out every week but whn he's QB there are always points left on the field which means our depth guys like CK etc and younger rookies can't get game time to develop because there are only 1 score difference and we need our best guys n the field.

Manning wins my vote for these reasons alone and not only that think about how full Candlestick and the new stadium would be each week in the regular season with Manning leading this team It'd be like the 80's all over again. I guarantee Jed has thought about that as well.

A great QB in one system his whole career may not become a great QB in another. Also, at 36, he does not have that much left in the tank. There is a decline with every Great athlete. 36 and 3 neck surgeries!!! He may not have any more if he gets hit behind our line. If we get Manning, and let Alex go, it will not end well...
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
look how s**tty the colts are without him. you add him into the mix, they're superbowl contenders. Look how s**tty we are without him. you add him into the mix, we're unstoppable.

thats what Im saying my boner brotha

These fools think Alex is a better option. They better stop riding on his sack and get a reality check.

Originally posted by KID9R:
I've given you nothing but logic and facts. Why don't you answer this one: How do Peyton Manning's post-season achievements stack up with his regular season achievements? Answer: notably worse. So, if this is all about pushing the Niners over the top to get the Super Bowl, why is everyone so certain that Manning is the guy? Manning's playoff record is 9-10. He was one-and-done SEVEN times with Colts. TDs 29 Ints 19 QB Rating 88.4. We're not talking about signing Joe Montana here.

DAMN i love this post!

Superbowl MVP's
Manning 1
Alex 0

Peyton team's were built around his ability to build a lead... so his defense were good... good at getting to the QB and making TOs...

Peyton had plenty of chances to make plays and take his team to the next level, but seemed to fail every time.
Originally posted by susweel:

These fools think Alex is a better option. They better stop riding on his sack and get a reality check.

And say IF Peyton goes down , we still have Captain Kapernick and the Tolzein Tornado.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by susweel:

And say IF Peyton goes down , we still have Captain Kapernick and the Tolzein Tornado.

same thing if alex goes down, anybody can get hurt.

Alex can come be a back up if he wants.
if we blow our budget on him whos gonna keep him upright? We give up sacks. Dont forget how many ruthless sacks Alex got up from last year....
Originally posted by KID9R:

DAMN i love this post!

Superbowl MVP's
Manning 1
Alex 0
Why did you make this about Alex Smith?
Share 49ersWebzone