There are 247 users in the forums

FA effects on the Draft.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
So far only thing I think it has affected is that we probably won't take a CB until late if at all with re-signing Rogers and adding Cox. Also, Snyder gone makes the possibility of RG a top pick (probably 2nd round). Also, possibly our center of the future and a couple of WRs but after that think we can go depth all around and go BPA.
Originally posted by oldtimer49er:
Looks like WR and CB are being addressed in FA.

Snyder and Chilo are gone, but RG looks like it might be pretty solid with Leonard Davis and maybe Kilgore in the swing.

So at this point, I'm hoping we get Fleener @ #30. Davis and Fleener at TE would be nasty with crabs and moss outside. Walker could assume more of an H-back role (just like he did early last season) with Miller as our pure FB.

After Fleener, and possibly a young WR and RB, look to add more depth on D. We'll need another OLB if we cut Haralson and another ILB if we lose Grant, though I hope we can keep them both. Need more depth along the Dline too. It's nice to be able to draft BPA to groom behind out starters at this point--a luxury this team hasn't enjoyed for a long time.

I like that take. I even with Moss and probably another move at WR, I would still take a guy by the 3rd to develop for when Moss leaves, or get's hurt. The ideas presented here are getting me pumped up and it's only the middle of March.
Share 49ersWebzone