LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 190 users in the forums

Our team need is still WR, OL, and QB

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by txninerdad80:
CC you probably thought B. Edwards was a good signing. Everyone needs to open their eyes. With Manning and Wallace we are contenders. Without out them our offense is exactly the same as it was last year. Same QB, Same Ol, same WR group. Minus our best WR Morgan who went to the Skins. I know we got Moss but until he proves something he's still just another vet suckering us into a contract that will probably be his last in the league. Hell we even still fumble prone Williams on the team. You guys are delusional.

I'd even be ok with Alex and Moss as long as we sign Wallace to compliment them. At the very least we need Wallace. If I see Williams back there catching punts and kicks to start next season I'm gonna puke.
sue i thought edwards was a good signing at the time, my daughter who is very smart disagreed and she was right and I was wrong , so what. i will forget the manning thing and let you know i have never been opposed to wallace and I have said many times that he is better than anyone we could draft at 30.. but you can also make a case for fleener at one and mcnutt at two or three. morgan is a third wide out ,borderline two and pardon me but but if you say he was our best wide out that just shows me he needed to go and we needed to get better. moss is proven and he is hungry. you may want to over pay for a guy like morgan who is a third wide out coming off a broken leg but not me. stop with the fumble prone kyle williams, he is a good fourth wide out, you are just blinded by your hate in the nfl title game in which alot of people had a bad game.moss, another free agent, possible fleener and a couple of rookies or maybe wallace will take care of our offense. speaking of proving things, i will wait to see morgan prove he is worth that money
We are like 23 million under the cap. Between signings and releases I'm guessing that hasn't changed all that much. There's no reason we can't sign Manning and Wallace with a decent up front bonus, spacing their money out over the next few years. Plus you could restructure some other contacts to free up money early or later. It would take some work to free up enough money to pay the draft picks. I still think it could be done.
Our front office is doing a masterful job so far. Our amazing defense is completely intact and they have not overpaid for a single free agent. Gotta love how our offseason is starting so far. Whatever needs the Niners have left will be handled in the draft. No worries at all............
We are like 23 million under the cap. Between signings and releases I'm guessing that hasn't changed all that much. There's no reason we can't sign Manning and Wallace with a decent up front bonus, spacing their money out over the next few years. Plus you could restructure some other contacts to free up money early or later. It would take some work to free up enough money to pay the draft picks. I still think it could be done.

wrong and wrong
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Our front office is doing a masterful job so far. Our amazing defense is completely intact and they have not overpaid for a single free agent. Gotta love how our offseason is starting so far. Whatever needs the Niners have left will be handled in the draft. No worries at all............

this times infinity
I think we are doing fairly well.
Originally posted by jreff22:

wrong and wrong

Dude why go after Manning, lets just trade for Aaron Rodgers, he's younger and has way more upside. Then simply extend alex for 10 years just incase Rodgers gets injured at anytime during the rest of his carreer. This is all pretty basic and easy GM stuff, how has our front office not thought of this already?
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

I agree that is is amazing that we were able to keep our defense intact.

I LOVE not being the Washington Redskins and Oakland Raiders.

According to Matt Maiocco The 49ers begin Day 2 of free agency with an estimated $15 million in cap space -- taking a guess that Rogers' deal counts around $3 million in 2012. - Now tell me again how you plan on paying for Manning, Wallace and Alex Smith?
I couldn't agree more our Front Office keeps doing an amazing job. Please sign Wallace to compliment Moss. Our WR core would be complete. Moss, Wallace, Crabtree, Williams. I could live with that.

With the Rogers Signing that does make things harder. At the very least we need Wallace and resign Alex.
I agree also with keeping our defense together. Would really like Mike Wallace on our team...
CC you probably thought B. Edwards was a good signing. Everyone needs to open their eyes. With Manning and Wallace we are contenders. Without out them our offense is exactly the same as it was last year. Same QB, Same Ol, same WR group. Minus our best WR Morgan who went to the Skins. I know we got Moss but until he proves something he's still just another vet suckering us into a contract that will probably be his last in the league. Hell we even still have fumble prone Williams on the team. You guys are delusional.

I'd even be ok with Alex and Moss as long as we sign Wallace to compliment them. At the very least we need Wallace. If I see Williams back there catching punts and kicks to start next season I'm gonna puke.

We cannot afford Manning, Wallace and Smith.

Keep hitting out at other posters for having a different opinion from you and you will get warned and subsequently banned.

This thread should not have been started. There is another thread for FA speculation.
Share 49ersWebzone