LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

Our team need is still WR, OL, and QB

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It's easy to see where the holes are. All we have to do is look at the NFC Championship game and see that our receivers had something like only 3 total yards, numerous dropped balls, etc...plus Alex was harassed on a consistent basis because of the Giant pass rush. All of our needs are all on offense. Especially at WR and OL. That being said, My plan is simple we have to sign Mike Wallace. He's the top WR available and he's a beast on Special Teams he fills two needs for us and is in the top 5 at both positions. He's a young guy and will be around for a very long time. He'll take some money but it has to happen. You'd think we'd learn our lesson from signing veteran WR's. Moss is a shot in the dark. I hope it works out. Our other priority should be to sign Manning. If we can get Wallace to come play along side Moss, Crabtree, Williams, Davis, and Walker, Manning would be crazy not to come play with our team. Wallace and Manning have got to be priority number 1. We would then add depth thru the draft at ol and wr.

Don't get me wrong, I am a huge Alex Smith fan. Seeing him grow up, seeing him handle all this adversity with different coaches and systems it's just amazing what he's capable of. That being said. We need to sign him long term for 5 years or longer. We should sign Manning for 3 years. I'm sure Alex would learn something from Manning. Plus the Niners wouldn't be in a situation like the Colts. If Manning went down with injuries we'd have Alex. I just think Alex could learn something from Manning. Manning could win us 1 or 2 rings in his three years, and then Smith could comeback in and start for the another 1 or 2 rings after that.

I just hope for the love of god, we get rid of all the trickery and get back to traditional West Coast Offense. I want to see slant passes, traps, counters, out routes, comebacks, and for the love of god some screen passes.
[ Edited by txninerdad80 on Mar 14, 2012 at 9:29 AM ]
Originally posted by txninerdad80:
It's easy to see where the holes are. All we have to do is look at the NFC Championship game and see that our receivers had something like only 3 total yards, numerous dropped balls, etc...plus Alex was harassed on a consistent basis because of the Giant pass rush. All of our needs are all on offense. Especially at WR and OL. That being said, My plan is simple we have to sign Mike Wallace. He's the top WR available and he's a beast on Special Teams he fills two needs for us and is in the top 5 at both positions. He's a young guy and will be around for a very long time. He'll take some money but it has to happen. You'd think we'd learn our lesson from signing veteran WR's. Moss is a shot in the dark. I hope it works out. Our other priority should be to sign Manning. If we can get Wallace to come play along side Moss, Crabtree, Williams, Davis, and Walker, Manning would be crazy not to come play with our team. Wallace and Manning have got to be priority number 1. We would then add depth thru the draft at ol and wr.

Don't get me wrong, I am a huge Alex Smith fan. Seeing him grow up, seeing him handle all this adversity with different coaches and systems it's just amazing what he's capable of. That being said. We need to sign him long term for 5 years or longer. We should sign Manning for 3 years. I'm sure Alex would learn something from Manning. Plus the Niners wouldn't be in a situation like the Colts. If Manning went down with injuries we'd have Alex. I just think Alex could learn something from Manning. Manning could win us 1 or 2 rings in his three years, and then Smith could comeback in and start for the another 1 or 2 rings after that.

I just hope for the love of god, we get rid of all the trickery and get back to traditional West Coast Offense. I want to see slant passes, traps, counters, out routes, comebacks, and for the love of god some screen passes.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
we will sign another free agent wide out and then the rest can be taken care of in a very good deep draft for wide outs plus there is the colby fleener aspect, no worries there. offensive line is the same, no worries there, there may also be a good vet we can get later this summer. our quarterbacks are ok i think, we have alex back(despite what some people wish or hope or want to think) he has a full off season to build some chemistry with the new guys and take in a full off season with the same system. i like our two kids in thier second year as backups. we just have to find a titch of depth with our linebackers and again that is done in the draft and a vet this summer. lastly we need a gore running back whose name is not dixon and that is a draft thing. i do not mind some trickery but just not a reverse in the rain in a nfl title game
We also need a RB since Gore has lost a step or 2.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

This
How much money do you think we have OP?
Thread will probably get locked but right now I see the needs as:

2-3 WRs
RG
Future C
Possibly 3rd RB Upgrade
Depth....

How do you plan on paying for Manning, Wallace and Alex Smith??
Thank you for holding this points, now I know not to read it.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:

This

• cciowa
  • Veteran
i ignored his manning point. he thinks moss is a shot in the dark?? haha
CC you probably thought B. Edwards was a good signing. Everyone needs to open their eyes. With Manning and Wallace we are contenders. Without out them our offense is exactly the same as it was last year. Same QB, Same Ol, same WR group. Minus our best WR Morgan who went to the Skins. I know we got Moss but until he proves something he's still just another vet suckering us into a contract that will probably be his last in the league. Hell we even still have fumble prone Williams on the team. You guys are delusional.

I'd even be ok with Alex and Moss as long as we sign Wallace to compliment them. At the very least we need Wallace. If I see Williams back there catching punts and kicks to start next season I'm gonna puke.
[ Edited by txninerdad80 on Mar 14, 2012 at 10:00 AM ]
so you don't understand how the salary cap works
CC you probably thought B. Edwards was a good signing. Everyone needs to open their eyes. With Manning and Wallace we are contenders. Without out them our offense is exactly the same as it was last year. Same QB, Same Ol, same WR group. Minus our best WR Morgan who went to the Skins. I know we got Moss but until he proves something he's still just another vet suckering us into a contract that will probably be his last in the league. Hell we even still fumble prone Williams on the team. You guys are delusional.

I'd even be ok with Alex and Moss as long as we sign Wallace to compliment them. At the very least we need Wallace. If I see Williams back there catching punts and kicks to start next season I'm gonna puke.

You do realize that it hasn't even been 24 hours into free agency...?

We still have FA, and then a draft to address all our needs.

Slow your roll.
After signing Wallace and Manning, we should sign Mario Williams and then see if the Lions will trade us Calvin Johnson.
Share 49ersWebzone