LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

Losing Morgan Hurts us, but how bad?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I am waiting to specualate what type of impact this will have until July when we know what other receivers are coming to camp.
I'm in the camp thats leaning toward not at all...Clearly he was a player that was helping us, not hurting us. But at the same time, I dont value what he did at the price he received.

So props to him getting that contract but I think we'll be alright
We will find someone more productive, kyle williams should start sweating..
I mean, I like him and all, but he's easily replaceable.
I have said this before, and even with the signing of Moss it is still true, all of our wide receivers are average on their best day, and any of them can be replaced. That said Morgan was probably the best, or at least most consistent guy in the bunch, but this year is the year of the WR. The draft is deep, and so is the free agent pool, good thing the cash strapped Skins over paid for him and not us!
How bad does it hurt us? Not much...kinda like a pass that dropped like a punt.
I thought Josh would get 2 million tops. Didn't think other teams really knew about him considering his playing time. Washington is buying a team instead of using the draft after trading for the 2 nd pick. But now that josh is making more then Crabtree what is crabs going to do?
How bad does it hurt us? Wrong question. How much does this help us? We're forced to get younger or more established talent. This is good.
If you think Josh Morgan is a Pro Bowler, snap out of it. I'd rather draft cheaper and faster Streeter or Hill, than have Morgan coming
off significant injury. People forget Morgan broke his leg and nobody's even reported a good workout from him proving he's as good or better
than when he got injured. Even healthy I never rated him even close to top notch.
Originally posted by mjboot:
I thought Josh would get 2 million tops. Didn't think other teams really knew about him considering his playing time. Washington is buying a team instead of using the draft after trading for the 2 nd pick. But now that josh is making more then Crabtree what is crabs going to do?

doubt the niners resign him for number 1 reciever money, and do you blame them? he hasnt proven to be a number 1 reciever but a good number 2.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
We did just fine without him last year, he only played in 5 games. Not a huge loss in my opinion considering what we will be replacing him with

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
There is a massive load of receivers just like him, and potentially better, in this years draft.

agreed
There's alot of recievers everyone wvaed off because we had morgan and didnt want similar players to Morgan but now the world has opened up. He was a good reciever for us
I think we will miss his run blocking a bit. Moss has never been a blocker, and same with Lloyd if we end up signing him (). Stephen Hill would fill that void though!
Originally posted by martysofresh:
There's alot of recievers everyone wvaed off because we had morgan and didnt want similar players to Morgan but now the world has opened up. He was a good reciever for us
This is why I was so pissed we let him go. People talked about his numbers as if he was a crappy WR. But people throughout the NFL see Morgan's low numbers due mostly to the 49ers lack-luster passing attach. I thought our front office saw it the same way. (But Washington did over pay.)
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
was barely on the team last season and we did just fine.
Share 49ersWebzone