LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 274 users in the forums

CB Perrish Cox a Niner

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
Cox plays the slot. Cully played well today...give him a chance as he's just getting back into football shape and had a hell of a hit in the fumble and good coverage in the EZ. IMHO, Fangio isn't using him to his best strength but whatever...BTW, is Ward ever NOT in trail-mode? I like the kid but he's not ready or the scheme/coaching is effing him up big time!

pressure is the key.
Originally posted by tohara3:
He played an awesome game today. Very aggressive out there

Cox has played solid in every game this year, it's always overlooked cause 9ers have been losing and scoreless in the second half.
Originally posted by Heisenberg:

Cox has played solid in every game this year, it's always overlooked cause 9ers have been losing and scoreless in the second half.

The dude genuinely, before this game, s/h had at least 5 more INT's as well. He's played great. I said in pre seaosn, it seems like the light finally came on for him like it did Brock last year. Now we have two studs in both plus a sh!tload of depth. Even Cook looked good today as well. And Cully is just a victim of off coverage and getting back into football shape/quickness. But today, you could see him start to shine at times...
If his play continues, he deserves an extension.
I swear this dude seems to play a little better every game.

I honestly get excited when the opposing QB throws at Cox. I feel like he's either gonna intercept it or knock it away. Especially on those long bombs, his positioning is spot on and it seems like he runs better routes than the WRs themselves. Can't help gushing over this dude, just super pleased by his play.
Originally posted by KegBert:
I swear this dude seems to play a little better every game.

I honestly get excited when the opposing QB throws at Cox. I feel like he's either gonna intercept it or knock it away. Especially on those long bombs, his positioning is spot on and it seems like he runs better routes than the WRs themselves. Can't help gushing over this dude, just super pleased by his play.

he has the aggressive attitude we need
all of our db's do.
it's their pass to catch not the offensive player's
that was missing.
and if you can force a qb to throw it when he doesn't want it to you see what happens.
What I've seen out of him so far... he's a keeper

The dude genuinely, before this game, s/h had at least 5 more INT's as well. He's played great. I said in pre seaosn, it seems like the light finally came on for him like it did Brock last year. Now we have two studs in both plus a sh!tload of depth. Even Cook looked good today as well. And Cully is just a victim of off coverage and getting back into football shape/quickness. But today, you could see him start to shine at times...

That's why I take the time to read ur post... consistent good info

Agreed, especially about Cook. He didn't put up any pass def stats but I saw him playing man coverage pretty well staying right there with his man, Foles just didn't look his way. But I agree with some I think Cox has out played Culliver he's made much more plays. Cox is a very solid deep cover corner, much better than Tarrell Brown and Carlos Rogers, I was pissed when they bench him in favor of Rogers.
I think one of the best plays he made today is the play he didnt make. In the days of fantasy football and stats and highlight films and huge contracts he backed off of Betheas INT so they wouldnt collide and allowed the pick. So many times you see both defenders trying to get the ball and it falling to the ground

• Antix
  • Veteran
I dunno how or why but damn this guy is good. By far our best corner. He's been shut down so far and should have like 6 picks already.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by teylo31:
I think one of the best plays he made today is the play he didnt make. In the days of fantasy football and stats and highlight films and huge contracts he backed off of Betheas INT so they wouldnt collide and allowed the pick. So many times you see both defenders trying to get the ball and it falling to the ground

Good catch. I remember seeing that. Probably because they've missed like 3 picks by crashing into each other.
I've been in Coxs corner since last season. I didn't want to cut Morris but Cox is one of the best all around corner we have. He rarely makes a mistake, he's great in run support, and now his pass coverage is finally coming together. He's a great NB so when Brock comes back I hope Fangio makes him the #3.
Good job Parish, helluva job...
I hope he stays the starter. Im not a fan of just getting your job back because you are the starter. I know there are some exceptions but with cox in particular it bit us in the a$$ last year. If brock does get his spot back I hope cox slides to the slot and let ward be dime.
Share 49ersWebzone