LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 225 users in the forums

CB Perrish Cox a Niner

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by pd24:
I wouldn't worry too much about it. Baalke is great at drafting solid DB's. We had our SS in house until the Dolphins took him from our practice squad.

Great point!
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by Quest4six:
I just posted this on another thread

Thats what I thought as well, I don't know if you are referring to the TD Kearse had... But that was on Whitner, for some reason, I've watched this tape more times than I care to admit I'm about 99% sure that if we had Bethea instead of Whitner this season, we would have won SB 48 Seriously, go back and watch this tape 2:43 Whitner for some reason lets Baldwin slip behind him, resulting end drive is a TD Also, honestly, this next play is why I am glad C.Rogers and Whitner are gone fast foward to 5:18, we have a nickel set with Rogers covering Kearse. FROM THE SNAP, if you watch Rogers, he turns his back on Kearse and looks over at Tate whom is already being covered by Brock Why rogers does that is beyond me because if you watch Kearse then turns to Rogers back shoulder and flies past him Whitner should have seen that, its 4th and 7... You're Whitner and you see Rogers get burned right out of the gates and for some reason you are covering the flats? Stupid move on both their parts, the result is Kearse slipped by Rogers, went over the top of Whitner for a TD IMO, it wasn't Kap's turnovers that cost us the game, it was Whitners inability to cover the deep ball

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiPqq1AaH3U

(Bladwin catch): That play was more on Reid, although Whitner definitely shares some blame. Reid had deep zone responsibility and free lanced across the field to cover grass.

(Kearse TD): Whitner was playing deep zone, not the flats.
You give Wilson 8 seconds to run around and someone is going to get open.

I think anytime you give any QB 8 seconds to scramble someone will get open, AKA Flacco to Jacoby Jones in the SB.
welcome back

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/49ers-sign-cornerback-cox-one-200724063--nfl.html
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
welcome back

Welcome to many days ago?
Originally posted by sfout:
welcome back

ive been away sorry
welcome back

ive been away sorry

I think Donte Whitner is leaving us too =/
i actually liked this dude last year so im glad hes back. our DB situation isnt as bad as it seems. were gonna draft a couple studs and be set for years with young talent
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i actually liked this dude last year so im glad hes back. our DB situation isnt as bad as it seems. were gonna draft a couple studs and be set for years with young talent

and i think someone like wright will be a very pleasant surprise
  • sfout
  • Veteran
welcome back

ive been away sorry

haha all good. I couldn't resist. Even the 9ers web team put his picture in the numerical roster gallery two separate times.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
With the recent CB discussions, time to .

What are your current thoughts on Perrish Cox´ future with the 49ers ?

My take is that he will:
- make the 53.
- will be our Dime.
- will be our PR.
- will backup Tramaine Brock.
- will backup Jimmie Ward.
- will provide veteran leadership.

vs. AJ Green + few returns.

Originally posted by DeUh:
With the recent CB discussions, time to .

What are your current thoughts on Perrish Cox´ future with the 49ers ?

My take is that he will:
- make the 53.
- will be our Dime.
- will be our PR.
- will backup Tramaine Brock.
- will backup Jimmie Ward.
- will provide veteran leadership.

vs. AJ Green + few returns.

Good post. I was saying in another post that perhaps the cut/resign put everything into perspective for Cox and the light came on...which CB played better than him during the playoff run? Perhaps that light will stay on now and he'll surprise a few like the year Brown got the starting nod and Brock last year. Perhaps he just needed extra time to develop ala Brock? Either way, he clearly adds as a nickle/slot/depth on the outside and provide coverage ability on ST coverage units AND can return punts. This will be his year to get a contract like Brock did!
  • DeUh
  • Veteran

Originally posted by DeUh:

Nice find. It really speaks to how much chemistry the entire DB group has on and off the field (together), the experienced guys helping the newbies, Bethea's role as the signal caller back there now and how far he's come already and how the new WR's (and perhaps more 3 WR sets) are going to help all of the DB's. Good stuff!
With the likely injuries that hit every year it's important to have good backups. I see the depth as--

Starters: Culliver/Brock/Ward

Depth: Cook/Johnson/Cox

???: Acker/Reaser/Morris

Not sure if Ward starts over Cox but he likely will sometime soon. But the two will be valuable back ups capable of playing a couple different positions including STs.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
With the likely injuries that hit every year it's important to have good backups. I see the depth as--

Starters: Culliver/Brock/Ward

Depth: Cook/Johnson/Cox

???: Acker/Reaser/Morris

Not sure if Ward starts over Cox but he likely will sometime soon. But the two will be valuable back ups capable of playing a couple different positions including STs.

Morris is certainly a lock IMHO not just b/c he continues to grow in a vital position for us as a slot CB but b/c he also adds a ton of ST production...as a gunner or even as a backup returner.
Share 49ersWebzone