LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 268 users in the forums

CB Perrish Cox a Niner

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Bye Chris Cook.
Im glad Perrish Cox is coming back. Seems like a versatile player. Remember last year he started the year as our Kick Returner as well..
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Bye Chris Cook.

lol no
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Bye Chris Cook.

lol no

LOL. Trying to figure out the current lineup (for now)

Brock (Cook) & Culliver (Wright) & Cox/Morris

What would be the lineup in a nickle/dime?
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 25, 2014 at 11:01 AM ]
Should've been the guy playing the nickel not freakish Rogers, still pissese off till this day. Held Rodgers to a career low in passing yds, newton an the panthers o didn't do s**t and we go back to Rogers and look what happens smfh
Cook's not going anywhere...and I'm hoping Baalke drafts Fuller or another CB who can play press coverage well. Forget what Cook did w/Vikes...they misused him horribly. He made some mistakes, yeah. But as Harbaugh sez, you become a Niner the slate's clean.
Cox is better than Cook, Wright, and Morris and I'm glad he's back. We needed a "quality" depth player to compete with Wright. This still doesn't change the fact that the 49ers need one more quality starter at CB especially with Culliver being a huge ?.

Recent cb prospects like Millner, and Peterson didn't play well as rookies outside of special teams and they were considered much better prospects than what the 49ers will be in position to draft. Any rookie drafted had better learn and develop quickly or we're going to get roasted against the Packers, Falcons, Bears, and Saints of the league. All NFC teams no less.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Cook's not going anywhere...and I'm hoping Baalke drafts Fuller or another CB who can play press coverage well. Forget what Cook did w/Vikes...they misused him horribly. He made some mistakes, yeah. But as Harbaugh sez, you become a Niner the slate's clean.

This, there's a reason he was a 2nd rd pick. Dude has talent now lets see how he does surrounded by legit talent and a scheme that will utilize his talents. I'm gonna laugh if he makes the team and gets his 1st career pick with us. I'm gonna rush right to a Vikings forum
Nice to have Cox back. I am eager to see what the Defensive staff can do with Cook, hopefully turn straw into gold.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wrathman:
I don't want to see Rogers in red and gold ever again! He was by far our weakest CB! I will take Cox, Wright, Morris, or a rookie over him.
i appreciate what he did for us in his first year but ,,,, wrathman is right about this. sorry carlos

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

This, there's a reason he was a 2nd rd pick. Dude has talent now lets see how he does surrounded by legit talent and a scheme that will utilize his talents. I'm gonna laugh if he makes the team and gets his 1st career pick with us. I'm gonna rush right to a Vikings forum

i remember doing something similar with redskin fans in 2011 when carlos rogers was looking like a steal. turns out the joke was on us.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
this times infinity. does not matter what they did before us.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Should've been the guy playing the nickel not freakish Rogers, still pissese off till this day. Held Rodgers to a career low in passing yds, newton an the panthers o didn't do s**t and we go back to Rogers and look what happens smfh

one thing that this regime does that kind of bugs me is how sometimes certain veterans are given more playing time when its obvious that the younger guy behind him is just as good and maybe even better. its the main difference right now between us and seattle.
I think the thing that may be slipping under the radar here is the fact that we now have Culliver, Brock, Wright, Cox and Morris (and Reid) as ALL being very well versed in our defensive system. This allows Fangio to play a nice mix of off-coverage AND press coverage. With Rogers and Brown, you can not play press much, let alone effectively.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 34s 49ers and CB Perrish Cox have agreed to terms on one-year deal, source said.

Excellent news !!!
Share 49ersWebzone