Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
sorry, i was so excited about this signing i double posted
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wrathman:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 34s 49ers and CB Perrish Cox have agreed to terms on one-year deal, source said.

Good! He knows our system and is better than Rogers at a fraction of the price. I still don't understand why Rogers was playing instead of Cox in the NFCC. You want your best players on the field and Cox had been playing much better than Rogers.

thank god they never looked at rogers,, sounds like no one else is either. I do not know what the answer is with our cornerbacks but after last year i do not blame the team for blowing up this unit and starting over from scratch. can not wait to see the kids they draft get into the mix
Originally posted by cciowa:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 34s 49ers and CB Perrish Cox have agreed to terms on one-year deal, source said.

Good! He knows our system and is better than Rogers at a fraction of the price. I still don't understand why Rogers was playing instead of Cox in the NFCC. You want your best players on the field and Cox had been playing much better than Rogers.

thank god they never looked at rogers,, sounds like no one else is either. I do not know what the answer is with our cornerbacks but after last year i do not blame the team for blowing up this unit and starting over from scratch. can not wait to see the kids they draft get into the mix

I think we should look at Rogers. If he's willing to sign a 1 year deal worth about $2 million or so (and given the market so far for him, he probably should), why wouldn't we want that? Our nickel corner depth is mediocre at best. A Brock/Culliver/Rogers CB trio with 2 or 3 of Wright/Cox/Cook/Morris for depth would be just fine by me.

Yeah! I'm excited for the draft. I can't wait!
Originally posted by kap2crab:

I think we should look at Rogers. If he's willing to sign a 1 year deal worth about $2 million or so (and given the market so far for him, he probably should), why wouldn't we want that? Our nickel corner depth is mediocre at best. A Brock/Culliver/Rogers CB trio with 2 or 3 of Wright/Cox/Cook/Morris for depth would be just fine by me.

I don't want to see Rogers in red and gold ever again! He was by far our weakest CB! I will take Cox, Wright, Morris, or a rookie over him.
I though Parrish Cox played well when given the chance. Not sure why we don't see more of him.
He's one of the most underrated players on this team. Very happy he's back
  • kray28
  • Veteran
I like Perrish Cox a lot....great to have him back.
Originally posted by mustangmele:
I though Parrish Cox played well when given the chance. Not sure why we don't see more of him.

You know, IIRC, he played well (like Brock) last pre season and when he did get on the field, he played exceptional during the GB playoff game (extended time on the field). Perhaps he is in the process of taking that next step up and like many others, just needed extra snaps on the field and on a consistent basis. That wasn't going to happen with the older veterans in Rogers & Brown out there. Now is the time to take that next step and we've got some interesting looks coming up with Cook, Cox, Morris, Wright, Spillman, etc.
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 25, 2014 at 10:39 AM ]
  • kray28
  • Veteran
I like his returning skills too. Better than LMJ....but he never really got a chance to show his stuff.

I like him as nickel more than Wright.
Defensive backfield looking much much better. Cully, Brock, Wright, Cox, Morris plus a high draft pick. Future looks good there.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by mustangmele:

You know, IIRC, he played well (like Brock) last pre season and when he did get on the field, he played exceptional during the GB playoff game (extended time on the field). Perhaps he is in the process of taking that next step up and like many others, just needed extra snaps on the field and on a consistent basis. That wasn't going to happen with the older veterans in Rogers & Brown out there. Now is the time to take that next step and we've got some interesting looks coming up with Cook, Cox, Morris, Wright, Spillman, etc.

Agreed. Brock made a lot of people start thinking (including the coaches) what really laid beneath guys like Rogers and Brown. Apparently, it made the coaches start thinking too as they are signing/resigning these guys. I think Brock and Wright will be a great tandem.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Defensive backfield looking much much better. Cully, Brock, Wright, Cox, Morris plus a high draft pick. Future looks good there.

Man, I totally forgot about Cully. That backfield looks very good. If we add a solid CB in the draft -- even move up for one. We will be set at DB for a while.
Just shows once again you don't need to sign everyone during the 1st week of FA...there are bargains to be had and Baalke's one of the best at finding them. This signing could also give Baalke a free mind to trade up to get the CB he and Harbaugh want the most...hopefully Verrett. I wouldn't underestimate Wright...now he'll have a full off-season and will benefit from that. He's now our senior CB...something I'm sure he doesn't take lightly.
Share 49ersWebzone