There are 129 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers Free Agent Rumor Thread

• Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:
via 49ers official twitter: The #49ers have waived WR Dontavia Bogan, who was signed as an undrafted free agent in 2011 out of South Florida.

Huh... odd... wonder what the story there is.

Cap space?
Originally posted by Wodwo:
via 49ers official twitter: The #49ers have waived WR Dontavia Bogan, who was signed as an undrafted free agent in 2011 out of South Florida.

Cap space?

He sucks.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Cap space?

He sucks.

Right, that may very well be, but it's odd to see the move made at this point in the offseason. They haven't had a chance to work with him on the field since they signed him, so I doubt that their decision has anything to do with a change in opinion about his play.

Only reasons I can think of for moves like that at this point is cap space or off field issues.
I googled sanjay beach, and got this...

• Ether
  • Veteran

Cap space?

He sucks.

Right, that may very well be, but it's odd to see the move made at this point in the offseason. They haven't had a chance to work with him on the field since they signed him, so I doubt that their decision has anything to do with a change in opinion about his play.

Only reasons I can think of for moves like that at this point is cap space or off field issues.

Probably wants to give him a chance to sign with a team before the offseason camps start. He's not getting playing time with Moss, Crabtree, Manningham, Kyle Williams, Ted Ginn and possibly an early round rookie receiver.
Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:
I googled sanjay beach, and got this...

lol that is some funny s**t
looks like we carried over the reported $16.5M from last season according to NFL.com's Jason LaCanfora.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/03/30/salary-cap-situation-for-each-team/

San Francisco 49ers

Current contracts: 48

Previous year carryover: $16,500,000.00

Adjustments: $982,519.00

Adjusted cap: $138,082,519.00

Team cap: $132,780,988.00

Cap room: $5,301,531.00

Team cash: $111,944,916.00

This may be after Jacobs, not quite sure. If so we are fine. I didn't realize we carried over an additional $3.9M, if correct, which is should be, we have enough right now to add a vet RG and sign our picks without addressing Goldson, Haralson, etc...
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
looks like we carried over the reported $16.5M from last season according to NFL.com's Jason LaCanfora.

San Francisco 49ers

This may be after Jacobs, not quite sure. If so we are fine. I didn't realize we carried over an additional $3.9M, if correct, which is should be, we have enough right now to add a vet RG and sign our picks without addressing Goldson, Haralson, etc...

Boner

• ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

San Francisco 49ers

what does that mean?
Originally posted by ImaMod:
what does that mean?

We gots 5.3M left.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cwilson830:
what does that mean?

We gots 5.3M left.

so in reality we have about 2M because roughly 3+ needs to be allotted for draft picks. If we can restructure Haralson's deal and sign Goldson long term we'll increase it by a couple mill but right now look for us to use the remaining couple million on that veteran guard.
Originally posted by sfout:
what does that mean?

We gots 5.3M left.

so in reality we have about 2M because roughly 3+ needs to be allotted for draft picks. If we can restructure Haralson's deal and sign Goldson long term we'll increase it by a couple mill but right now look for us to use the remaining couple million on that veteran guard.

correct. I responded to the 2012 Salary Cap set at 120.6M thread, and said what we could do is lower goldsons figure by 1-2M, but also backloaded it a bit so 2013 isnt a big hit. Maybe 4M this season, 3M 2013, and then the rest in 2014, 2015 and 2016, I expect a 5-year deal in the 6-7M a yr range. So between 30-35M over 5 years.
Originally posted by sfout:
what does that mean?

We gots 5.3M left.

Yeah, if we stay where we are, we'll need close to 4M.
[ Edited by cwilson830 on Mar 31, 2012 at 3:33 PM ]
Adam Caplan: Former #Rams C Jason Brown is scheduled to visit the #49ers this weekend, source confirms.
Adam Caplan: No offense to Jonathan Goodwin, but Jason Brown would be an upgrade at center for the 49ers.