There are 138 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The need for RG Adam Snyder

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by buhda:
What about Chris Kemoeatu @ RG. Will have 2 Tongan Guards playing for the Niners.

Iupati isn't Tongan........

womp womp
Iupati and Isaac Sopoaga are both from American Samoa.
Let Chilo walk, resign Snyder as a backup (he's not going to get big money elsewhere), draft a RG sometime after Round 3 and have Kilgore, the pick, and Snyder compete for the starting RG spot. This is far from the most challenging off-season puzzle we'll face.
[ Edited by sspiker on Mar 12, 2012 at 7:42 AM ]
If he wants to stay at a hometown discount, we keep him.

But if wants to see the money, we let him walk.

I liked Boone and Kilgore and I think Pearson has potential.

I also think if we draft a oline guy, its gonna be a C in the later rounds.
You can find a lot guys better than Snyder. He's not a priority at all. Snyder is a backup.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Yes I think we need him. Chilo destroys our whole line every time he is in. Kilgore is a young guy and an unknown despite the hype of some WZers. Top tier guards will want too much money on the FA market. I think resigning him to about a 4 year deal makes sense. Maybe last year an option year. 3 guaranteed. I think he is worth that. And his versatility warrants it. He's a decent RG starter. A tremendous swing backup at many positions. I can't see why they wouldn't want him.

didn't Chilo come in in the NFC Championship?
Originally posted by Schulzy:
You can find a lot guys better than Snyder. He's not a priority at all. Snyder is a backup.

I think hes a little better than that. The most important thing the line can do right now is keep that starting five together. That way they can gel as the young guys start to hit their peaks.

Let me put it this way, if Snyder was a FA from another team, he would be exactly the kind of guy the niners FO would get to be the fifth starter.
Losing Snyder is going to be a horrible loss. We might not see it now, but we will by the end of next year. The guy is such an asset and is a solid contributor to any part of the oline. He was a capable backup for any position and a reliable starter. I'm going to miss him.
Sucks we lost him. It's funny because as fans, we would think that our guys would not EVER want to go to their rival. It just shows that the rivalry is not bigger than the paycheck. I would have liked to see him back, but I believe in our coaching staff and FO. We will find a replacement.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Sucks we lost him. It's funny because as fans, we would think that our guys would not EVER want to go to their rival. It just shows that the rivalry is not bigger than the paycheck. I would have liked to see him back, but I believe in our coaching staff and FO. We will find a replacement.

True.

Sucks that we lost Synder. And yes, the paycheck will come first. These players realize its a business and that they can get cut (out of a football career) anytime so they'll do what's best for their interest and family. For the 49ers organization, its a business too....
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Yes, I will terribly miss having perhaps the worst starting RG in the league. Devastated that he's taking his abysmal pass-blocking efficiency to a division rival.
Willis is Going to BLITZ his side all day baby! F HIM!!