LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

The need for RG Adam Snyder

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Snyder gets the tallest midget award. He is good compared to rachal but average when compared to the rest of the league.
I'd like to have Snyder back. He is definitely a hell of a lot better than Rachal, but should not be considered a lock start at RG next year. We could do better at that spot.
Backup only: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1071349-br-nfl-1000-top-32-right-guards
[ Edited by HTC-EOD on Mar 9, 2012 at 2:57 PM ]
Our OL will always suck unless all of them go to the probowl. Need perfection up front in order to get Mr. 299 to Mr. 300.
Originally posted by HTC-EOD:
Backup only: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1071349-br-nfl-1000-top-32-right-guards

Oh... Bleacher report said it so it must be true. GTFO if that's the best source you are going to use. He only gave up 3 sacks all season and I believe two penalties. I can search the link, but I already had before and it's not worth my time. When he stepped in for Rachal our Oline as a whole improved drastically.

Do I believe he is our best O-lineman... no way. He is close to being our most valuable though with his versatility. Every year there typically an injury on the oline and by having him, it gives us the chance to have the ability to fill the spot and expect our oline not to miss a beat.
  • buhda
  • Veteran
What about Chris Kemoeatu @ RG. Will have 2 Tongan Guards playing for the Niners.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Our OL will always suck unless all of them go to the probowl. Need perfection up front in order to get Mr. 299 to Mr. 300.

http://footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

read
Originally posted by buhda:
What about Chris Kemoeatu @ RG. Will have 2 Tongan Guards playing for the Niners.

Gave up like 4 sacks and had 4 penalties in like 8 games. Plus he is injured often... not an option
Maybe the big brass doesn't have a free agent WR on their mind but guard Carl nicks
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Adam Snyder was an upgrade over Rachal last year, but the 49er line still surrendered 44 sacks. Kilgore during preseason played pretty solid for the team, he looks like he could be a steal for the 49ers in last year draft. I say give Kilgore the starting job, let Snyder, Rachal walk and draft another versatile OL in the draft.

Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by GORO:
Adam Snyder was an upgrade over Rachal last year, but the 49er line still surrendered 44 sacks. Kilgore during preseason played pretty solid for the team, he looks like he could be a steal for the 49ers in last year draft. I say give Kilgore the starting job, let Snyder, Rachal walk and draft another versatile OL in the draft.

And this in short is the reason why we will upgrade over both this season. Snyder and Rachal will both be replaced either by a FA and Kilgore or two FAs and Kilgore. There are few run-oriented teams who are over the cap and need to release their OL because money will be going to other players. Most of the FA attention will be paid to WRs, QB and others. I expect some quality FAs to again slip through the cracks. Goodwin was a great pick-up. Expect another "Goodwin-type" player at RG - it will be very competitive in camp.

I think Snyder will have some competition in camp but I think that he'll win the starting job presuming that he's re-signed. I think we'll acquire a lineman at some point in the draft for depth.
Unless he wants a big contract we are bringing him back for sure. Chilo will be gone.

Person and Kilgore need to step up.

Getting Synder back would be great for the line, I think he would beat out Kilgore next year. Synder has versatility at all line spots and could be the center for the team when Goodwin leaves.

Iupati isn't Tongan........
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Iupati isn't Tongan........

womp womp
Iupati and Isaac Sopoaga are both from American Samoa.
Share 49ersWebzone