LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 201 users in the forums

The need for RG Adam Snyder

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Guys we have to get him back, we already have enough problems worrying about WR/CB/QB. He was great last year and proved that our
OLINE can be good when Chilo isnt in. He is 29 and can play good football for at least 3 more years.
Give him a 4 year deal for 18 mill.

LT Staley Boone
LG Iupati
C Goodwin
RG Snyder Kilgore
RT Davis Person/Hall

I dont think Beeler is anything special, so we need to adress LG/C in rounds 4-7 of the draft
Unless he wants BIG money, the 49ers are definitely bringing him back. He can back-up every position on the line and is a serviceable starter at every position. He's just too valuable, depth-wise, to lose. His versatility just makes things... easy. They'll bring him back.
  • ACUK
  • Veteran
I am starting to think that Kilgore might start this year and they will sign someone else on the cheap as a back up.
lol we still have the draft and FA. Adam isn't even a top 30 guard in the league. We'll get him back if we want him.
Originally posted by ACUK:
I am starting to think that Kilgore might start this year and they will sign someone else on the cheap as a back up.

I agree.
Snyder's value is his versatility. He's a jack-of-all-trades kind of OL. That said, we need a better RG. Maybe Kilgore or Person can step up and if so, great. If not, I'd like to see Baalke draft a stud and there are a number of 'em. THE guy IMHO is Zeitler from Wisc. He's Harbaugh's kind of player...very blue collar, studies hard, works hard. There are others, like Osemele, who'd also fill the bill. It's time to build an elite OL...and RG is the weakest position there.
Originally posted by Bootlegger:
Originally posted by ACUK:

I agree.

yeah then we would have no depth, and hope some cheap bums dont suck, Snyder is proven
Yes I think we need him. Chilo destroys our whole line every time he is in. Kilgore is a young guy and an unknown despite the hype of some WZers. Top tier guards will want too much money on the FA market. I think resigning him to about a 4 year deal makes sense. Maybe last year an option year. 3 guaranteed. I think he is worth that. And his versatility warrants it. He's a decent RG starter. A tremendous swing backup at many positions. I can't see why they wouldn't want him.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Snyder's value is his versatility. He's a jack-of-all-trades kind of OL. That said, we need a better RG. Maybe Kilgore or Person can step up and if so, great. If not, I'd like to see Baalke draft a stud and there are a number of 'em. THE guy IMHO is Zeitler from Wisc. He's Harbaugh's kind of player...very blue collar, studies hard, works hard. There are others, like Osemele, who'd also fill the bill. It's time to build an elite OL...and RG is the weakest position there.
This
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Yes I think we need him. Chilo destroys our whole line every time he is in. Kilgore is a young guy and an unknown despite the hype of some WZers. Top tier guards will want too much money on the FA market. I think resigning him to about a 4 year deal makes sense. Maybe last year an option year. 3 guaranteed. I think he is worth that. And his versatility warrants it. He's a decent RG starter. A tremendous swing backup at many positions. I can't see why they wouldn't want him.

Chilo's gone....never to return.

Snyder value is his ability to play every position on the line which should free up a roster spot. Should be able to get him on the cheap. Kind of hoping Kilgore steps up and can start this year.
Originally posted by overthemiddle:
Snyder value is his ability to play every position on the line which should free up a roster spot. Should be able to get him on the cheap. Kind of hoping Kilgore steps up and can start this year.

Let's not get too carried away here. I like him and want him back but IIRC he was crap at tackle.
Originally posted by English:
Let's not get too carried away here. I like him and want him back but IIRC he was crap at tackle.

Yes but boone is the backup tackle but if it ends up really bad it would be nice to have snyder to go out there. He allows you to have 1 fewer OL active
Is he an excellent RG - NO! But he is an excellent swing guy - RG, LG, T, and maybe Center.

Keep him and find a really good RG and it will be like money in the bank - just in case we need it.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Sorry for the repost ...

Snyder and Rachal aren't great options. Snyder is better than Rachal but not a good OG. He's versatile enough to play at a number of positions on the OL. However, this is moot if Goodwin comes out anyway because Rachal is SO BAD that it's like playing without someone there anyway. Both positions can be upgraded either through the draft or through FA. Finding a OG that's better than what we have shouldn't be very difficult - even a cast-off from another team. There are a lot of OG/OC players out there who have more power and can provide better pass protection. I trust that Baalke can find the right pieces. We have a lot of time. No shortened off-season.

see i disagree, Snyder is a good RG, not a great one but he is good bro. We only have so much $. And getting a Carl Nicks would screw us in getting a big time WR
[ Edited by Frisco69ers on Mar 9, 2012 at 12:54 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone