There are 111 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

If Kaepernick is going to be the long-term answer at QB anyway, why keep Smith?

Originally posted by taney71:
Kaep isn't a slam dunk. Why do the Nate Davis fan boys fall in love with every backup?

Becuse dey athletic doe
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Kaep isn't a slam dunk. Why do the Nate Davis fan boys fall in love with every backup?

Becuse dey athletic doe

I heard nate davis had his own special playbook that only he could read.
Originally posted by Redgoldknight:
What the heck are you smoking? I'm assuming some of the 'The Humbolt Imports'! Of course the 49ers intentions were to draft CK7 as the QB of the short and distant future. No team jumps up almost 15 spots in the draft, gives up there 2nd and 4th round pick to get a guy. The grand design of it is Harbaugh and Baalke were trying to trade up for CK7 in the 1st round with New England. But the pats wouldn't budge. When we drafted Kaps Harbuagh and Baalke made it clear that was there guy all along(Watch the press conferance)

ive got alot of respect for jh right now. if he dumps smith and starts kaep....id lose it. you guys should too. we waited this long for a.s. to come along. its his first year in the same offence..what do we have to lose? i beleive smith will be in the prowbowl this year. have faith. kaep isnt the awnser.
[ Edited by Humboldt9er on Mar 7, 2012 at 4:00 PM ]
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:

Becuse dey athletic doe

I heard nate davis had his own special playbook that only he could read.

LOL typed out in size 36 font with step by step instructions
Originally posted by sfout:
I dont know you but you also dont seem to have a full grasp on the type of procedure he had done either.

His vertebrae are fused together, meaning they have less flexibility so yes he could "break" his neck, will it be like a 180 head facing the way break? No it would be a fracture or crushed vertebrae which are just as dangerous because he can have his spinal cord severed, compacted or pinched.
On both ESPN and NFL network, they reported he would have been able to play months ago with no significant risk of further injury. The reason he didn't was due to his lack of arm strength
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Originally posted by tankle104:
I work at 24 hr fitness over here in Livermore and this huge guy came in the other day with a wolf pack football workout shirt on and I asked of he played football for Nevada and he said yeah that he played o line with kaep. He said harbaughs cousin is a coach on the wolfpacks football team and that is how he found out about kaep in the first place. Also he said he doesn't think kaep will ever do anything in the nfl. He said even if he starts that he prolly wouldn't be any good. I'm not agreeing with him but I thought it was interesting that someone that played with him said this

Ouch! that's pretty cold. I hope he's not right. Maybe Kaep stole his girlfriend or something. I just can't figure out why a former teammate would burn him like that.

the way the guy was saying it..i dont think he was trying to burn him. i think it was just his personal opinion. i dont remember exactly how the convo went with him cause it was a month or two ago but he said he reminds him of a josh johnson ( i think thats his name. he played for harbaugh at SD and is a backup on the bucs). that he has a hell of an arm but getting the ball into the tight windows wasnt his thing. he said he should of done baseball but kaeps heart was with football.
I work at 24 hr fitness over here in Livermore and this huge guy came in the other day with a wolf pack football workout shirt on and I asked of he played football for Nevada and he said yeah that he played o line with kaep. He said harbaughs cousin is a coach on the wolfpacks football team and that is how he found out about kaep in the first place. Also he said he doesn't think kaep will ever do anything in the nfl. He said even if he starts that he prolly wouldn't be any good. I'm not agreeing with him but I thought it was interesting that someone that played with him said this

Ouch! that's pretty cold. I hope he's not right. Maybe Kaep stole his girlfriend or something. I just can't figure out why a former teammate would burn him like that.

the way the guy was saying it..i dont think he was trying to burn him. i think it was just his personal opinion. i dont remember exactly how the convo went with him cause it was a month or two ago but he said he reminds him of a josh johnson ( i think thats his name. he played for harbaugh at SD and is a backup on the bucs). that he has a hell of an arm but getting the ball into the tight windows wasnt his thing. he said he should of done baseball but kaeps heart was with football.
Sounds made up
Originally posted by nickbradley:
If Kaep is going to be the long-term answer at QB anyway, why keep Smith?

Inspired by the thread at NinersNation.com, if Colin Kaepernick is going to be the long-term guy at QB for the 49ers -- evident by the rumored of 2 or 3 year contract offers for Alex Smith -- why are we not going after Peyton Manning? If we're going to sign a guy that can start for 2 years and then hand it over to Kaep, Manning would be a better choice, right?

Of course, this is conceding that Kaep *is* the long-term answer. Alex Smith is young enough to have another 8 - 10 years in him...if so, why is the franchise offering 2 or 3 year contracts? Is it because they don't think he's the answer? There's a chance that the 49ers and Smith agent Tom Condon are miles apart and nobody wants to talk about it. If the 49ers are putting a 3-year, $25m offer on the table, and Condon wants a Ryan Fitzpatrick-esque 6-year, $60m deal -- and Kevin Kolb and Matt Cassel got similar 6-year deals, *what* are the chances he walks?

Door #1: Alex Smith gets a long-term deal, Kaep remains the backup, and we trade Kaep down the line or Kaep takes over if Smith regresses or gets hurt

Door #2: Alex Smith gets a 2 or 3 year contract and loses his job to Kaepernick in 2013 if he doesn't have a pro bowl season in 2012

Door #3: Sign Peyton Manning to a 2-year, $30m contract with the 49ers. Colin Kaepernick starts in 2014

Door #4: Let Alex Smith go *and* pass on Peyton Manning. Hand the job to Kaep in '12, sign some big name WRs -- and see what happens.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2012/3/7/2851196/49ers-qb-position-alex-smith-colin-kaepernick-peyton-manning

So Alex could throw for 28 TDs, 12 INTS, 4000 yards yet get over-shadowed by some of the more prolific offense and QBs, get left off the ProBowl squad and to you that means he loses he job. Ridiculous.
this is just imo

because last year alex wasnt in the equation of the future so they got kaep as insurance

but if smith works out he will be long term answer not kaep and will have a phili situation here (vick/kolb)
Originally posted by canadian49erfan:

Sounds made up

LOL yeah this is what i do in my free time. i love making up BS. i honestly dont care what that guy i met at the gym says cause if harbaugh likes him and his skill set and thinks something can come of it.. then i will follow his lead. harbaugh knows a lil more about quarterbacking than that guy or any of us on this board. the man has always had/made a respectable quarterback out of whoever he has had. im just along for the ride
[ Edited by tankle104 on Mar 7, 2012 at 4:28 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
this is just imo

because last year alex wasnt in the equation of the future so they got kaep as insurance

but if smith works out he will be long term answer not kaep and will have a phili situation here (vick/kolb)

exactly what im saying.. and this isnt even bad at all.. whoever turns out to be the better player we keep and sell the other for draft picks etc.. We HAD to have a QB from the draft last year because of the quick lockout, no QB's and smith's resume of choking.. no one expected to see us in the NFC championship and thought we were tanking for Luck for keeping smith and not going QB round 1.

i think the 3 year deal is smart for our FO because it says PROVE to us through and through your our QB.. give us 3 years of solid play and we will then give u the 5 year contract to finish your years with us
Door 3
lol, full retard
Alex in the probowl? Really? Go get the 4 time mvp!
#3 please!

if we sign alex for anything over 3 years than i see Harbaugh thinking Kap is a bust. I mean he spoke so highly of him when we drafted him and now he hasnt made a peep about him. Maybe thats just Harbaugh's way of unleashing his secret weapons.

If Kap sits 2 more years behind Manning...that would be very beneficial to his overall mentality and mix that with his physical abilities and you got yourself a probowl elite QB. This is of course only possible if Kap really is the QB harbaugh said he was when we drafted him a year ago