LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 325 users in the forums

If Kaepernick is going to be the long-term answer at QB anyway, why keep Smith?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by toeshawn:
Everyone says this but when he was drafted I believe he was quoted saying that the coaches told him his delivery was fine and that they didn't want to change it. I believe Harbaugh and even the Matts said during training camp that the ball shoots out of there. Why are people hung up on this? Did he look bad in preseason because of his delivery?

teams knew who he was passing to way to early and these were 3rd stringers

i think mixture of staring down WR and a little longer delivery
Everyone says this but when he was drafted I believe he was quoted saying that the coaches told him his delivery was fine and that they didn't want to change it. I believe Harbaugh and even the Matts said during training camp that the ball shoots out of there. Why are people hung up on this? Did he look bad in preseason because of his delivery?

Harbaugh has also said that he doesn't like to mess with QBs mechanics very much. Not sure what that means as he does tend to stress keeping the ball up so delivery can be hastened.
We keep Smith to start now & backuo later
Because we will be 3 - 13 next year with Kaepernick vs. the 13 - 3 we were this year with Alex Smith.

That's why.....
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I am highly skeptical CK is the long-term answer for the team.

Yeah, he has to get rid of that terrible delivery.

I probably am being a little sarcastic, but it's all that we can go by until he plays a couple of games.
Share 49ersWebzone