LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 300 users in the forums

Dexter Manley Trashing Bill Walsh - Accusing Walsh Of Running A Bounty System

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Sounds like he fell of the wagon again.
this motherf**ker should go back to his pipe , Drugs are bad for you moron " Dexter Manly "
this just pisses me off. I hate it when people attack people who are dead and cant defend themselves. If he had a problem with Walsh he should of brought it up when Walsh was alive. No creditabilty for this story.
I'm surprised Manley can speak with his nose full of blow and deeez nuuuts in his mouth.
Wasn't it Mike Ditka that said Manley was as smart as a Grapefruit??........I think Dikta was giving Manley too much credit.
Really it comes down to this for me. In this era the bounty system is frowned upon. The Saints were instructed by the NFL to stop the program. The owner asked his coaches to stop the program. They did not. This is the issue. The game Walsh coached was in a very different league then it is now. Bringing up the '80's or even the game in the 90's is irrelevant. Go back to one play in the 90's NFC Championship as an example. I wonder if Marshall is only trying to just tackle Montana when drives his helmet into Montana's back? And I am sure that Marshall didn't need a bounty system to try to destroy Montana, because back in the day destroying the other team's impact player was the name of the game.
[ Edited by MntIdaGold on Mar 7, 2012 at 3:28 PM ]
Dexter manley? Is that even a real name? I dunno, sounds like one of Jason Lacraporas fake twitter handles to me.
  • Veteran
Ross Francis had his number every time they played. I guess he is still pissed at Walsh for that. Plus, he fried his brain so bad that is hard to believe he can even remember anything.
Originally posted by MntIdaGold:
Really it comes down to this for me. In this era the bounty system is frowned upon. The Saints were instructed by the NFL to stop the program. The owner asked his coaches to stop the program. They did not. This is the issue. The game Walsh coached was in a very different league then it is now. Bringing up the '80's or even the game in the 90's is irrelevant. Go back to one play in the 90's NFC Championship as an example. I wonder if Marshall is only trying to just tackle Montana when drives his helmet into Montana's back? And I am sure that Marshall didn't need a bounty system to try to destroy Montana, because back in the day destroying the other team's impact player was the name of the game.

He not only drove his helmet it into his back, but Montana himself said that he ripped back his right hand in an attempt to break it which I actually think he did. If you watch the replay it is clear that is what he was doing.
I remember opposing teams b*tching about the leg whips by our O-Line, but have never heard anything about a bounty system.

Who cares what this drugged out has been has to say? He's just looking for some publicity. Grads from OK State and can't even read. Fine program there. Walsh has passed away. Leave him be.
  • flow
  • Veteran
F*ck this fool.
Even four pages is too much time devoted to this waste of skin.
this guy needs to eat Sh*t and Die... hey Dexter you keep 49ers out of your mouth!
Originally posted by 190836:
Ross Francis had his number every time they played. I guess he is still pissed at Walsh for that. Plus, he fried his brain so bad that is hard to believe he can even remember anything.

Cmon Lowell.

Quote:

Okay, let's look at the evidence. Roll the Dexter Manley highlight film, please. There's Dexter telling reporters, "I'd like to ring Joe Montana's clock...hit Russ Francis in the mouth with a baseball bat...knock Walter Payton out of the game." And now here's Dexter away from the gridiron, giving himself a Mohawk haircut and proclaiming himself "Mr. D"; introducing himself to Gen. Alexander Haig at a dinner and announcing, "Mr. Haig, I'm in charge here"; offering to prove he is drug free by urinating into a cup on TV.
[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Mar 7, 2012 at 5:57 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone