There are 189 users in the forums

Paraag Marathe Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2010/02/marathe-receives-promotion.html

I think he's done a good job crunching numbers for contracts and stuff for us. Wonder what his new role is going to be.
[ Edited by HaiGuise on Feb 3, 2010 at 10:39 AM ]
championship
I don't get why everyone hates him so much. Is it just because he was in the booth? We have a bunch of salary cap space, so I'm not complaining.
I can't wait to hear Mr. Windbag, Ralph Barbari, go off about this...now it will be weeks of this chit!

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Don't know the guy or anything but to make him head of football operations just seems kinda weird. Hopefully he has no say in what players to acquire.
[ Edited by susweel on Feb 3, 2010 at 11:27 AM ]
Honestly, I think people don't like him because he's Indian (IIRC). People just don't think that an Indian should be running an American sports team, for whatever reason.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
I don't get why everyone hates him so much. Is it just because he was in the booth? We have a bunch of salary cap space, so I'm not complaining.

It's because he DOESN'T like syrup with pancakes. He's not a person.

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
championship

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Honestly, I think people don't like him because he's Indian (IIRC). People just don't think that an Indian should be running an American sports team, for whatever reason.

I don't have anything against him personally but I think it's because he doesn't have a football background. He just has a shiny Stanford degree and was hired by the Yorkies to crunch numbers for the team. I don't think it has to do with his ethnicity at all. Also, I believe there was something about him overriding Bill Walsh over something when Bill was still around. Hard to see how a numbers guy can run things better than a guy who has lived and breathed football his whole life based on gut feeling.
How can anyone in the Niners front office claim to have done a good job? This team has sucked balls for years. We replaced football executives like Bill Walsh with number crunchers that had no NFL background.

The Niners decided it was wiser to follow the number crunching software developed by Paraag then to hire proven NFL executives.

Before anyone mentions Vernon Davis and Willis or Crabtree. Any arm-chair fan off the street could do okay drafting high in the first rd every season. It's the latter rounds that require a more accomplished and experience draft evaluator. The Niners drafts outside of the first rd have stunk like hell.

How good can this team be when the biggest improvement to our chances of making the playoffs came NOT by our team actually improving but by a division rival losing it's qb to retirement.

I dislike Paraag for the same reason I dislike the Yorks. Their "leadership" has led the Niners to bottom of the NFL.

Race card? Seriously???

Originally posted by nflguy49:
How can anyone in the Niners front office claim to have done a good job? This team has sucked balls for years. We replaced football executives like Bill Walsh with number crunchers that had no NFL background.

The Niners decided it was wiser to follow the number crunching software developed by Paraag then to hire proven NFL executives.

Before anyone mentions Vernon Davis and Willis or Crabtree. Any arm-chair fan off the street could do okay drafting high in the first rd every season. It's the latter rounds that require a more accomplished and experience draft evaluator. The Niners drafts outside of the first rd have stunk like hell.

How good can this team be when the biggest improvement to our chances of making the playoffs came NOT by our team actually improving but by a division rival losing it's qb to retirement.

I dislike Paraag for the same reason I dislike the Yorks. Their "leadership" has led the Niners to bottom of the NFL.

Paraag handles the business side of football. Contracts and that sort. He doesn't do anything about the football side except know the rule book.

-9fA
[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Feb 3, 2010 at 11:44 AM ]
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
championship

Originally posted by StOnEy333:

I must admit, this is a bit surprising coming from you. Race has nothing to do with it, at least from all the posts I've seen in the past regarding Marathe.

He doesn't have any football ties. He has no business weighing in on personnel decisions. However, he has done a very good job with his part in fixing the cap problems, negotiating contracts. Bestowing this "Football Operations" as part of his "title" seems a bit grandios. He seems to have a mind for finances, but the team management seem intent on getting him more involved with the football side. Nobody seems to know why.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

Paraag handles the business side of football. Contracts and that sort. He doesn't do anything about the football side except know the rule book.

-9fA

If that is the way it remains, I don't see any problem. Although, his new title suggests more than that.
Share 49ersWebzone