There are 64 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Paraag Marathe Appreciation Thread (The Salary Cap is his b*tch)

Originally posted by 190836:
Don't ever forget he was part of a team that brought you Nolan, Sing and years of misery.

...and Eddie D brought you Joe Thomas, who in turn brought you the worst trade in 49ers history...your point?
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Don't ever forget he was part of a team that brought you Nolan, Sing and years of misery.

Don't ever forget Walsh brought us Donahue.

Don't ever forget DeBartolo hired that scrub GM his first year.

s**t happens
Yeah, but Walsh and Eddie D brought us five SBs. Whats he done? Nothing!!!!
Originally posted by DelCed2486:

...and Eddie D brought you Joe Thomas, who in turn brought you the worst trade in 49ers history...your point?
Eddie = 5 SBs. Never forget.

s**t happens

Marathe isn't the HC lol
Originally posted by real9erfan:

I don't think he had a say in who was hired as head coach. But to be fair, this 49ers team is still in part a product of the Nolan years. Nolan had a lot to do with what the Niners look like today.
He absolutely did. He was John Yorks main advisor.

Originally posted by DelCed2486:

Eddie = 5 SBs. Never forget.

Never mind, the point obviously eludes you.
[ Edited by DelCed2486 on Jan 21, 2014 at 4:29 PM ]

s**t happens

Marathe isn't the HC lol
You are the one who brought up Eddie D's example of Joe thomas's hiring. Was Eddie D a HC?. But ED set the path by hiring Bill Walsh and the rest is the history. What did this fool do? He and John York destroyed a once proud franchise for many years. Don't forget it.
Originally posted by real9erfan:

I don't think he had a say in who was hired as head coach. But to be fair, this 49ers team is still in part a product of the Nolan years. Nolan had a lot to do with what the Niners look like today.
He absolutely did. He was John Yorks main advisor.

Well I'm not entirely sure what role he played in the hiring of Nolan. But at the time, none of us thought the Nolan hire was a bad move. Nolan in fact helped build the current 49ers squad. His problem is that he wasn't very good at actually coaching. But I would hardly fault Paraag Marathe for that.

He didn't have say in who was the HC, he was just a Capologist, nothing more back in 2005. He was responable for cap friendly deals, ala Michael Lewis, Nate Clements, Banta-Cain, Lelie, Jonas Jennings, Joe Nedney, and others.

Also helped get guys extended like Willis, Vernon, etc...
Paraag just did it again. This guy is secret behind the success the 9ers have had. Without his tireless work on the cap the 9ers would not get the extra pieces, and unlike Baalke and Harbaugh, Paraag will never get any limelight for his work.

Every time a 9er contract comes out, the initial response is the team get bent over, but as the facts and small print of the contract come out, it is evident the organization knows what they are doing.
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Paraag just did it again. This guy is secret behind the success the 9ers have had. Without his tireless work on the cap the 9ers would not get the extra pieces, and unlike Baalke and Harbaugh, Paraag will never get any limelight for his work.

Every time a 9er contract comes out, the initial response is the team get bent over, but as the facts and small print of the contract come out, it is evident the organization knows what they are doing.

yep. Front office is killing it.
Originally posted by notsoempty86:
yep. Front office is killing it.
They are.

But let's give Kap some credit. He said from the outset he was trying to be "team friendly" and was universally scoffed. Top QBs right now have all the leverage.
I cannot think of a QB who has a sizable contract that has any "team friendly" aspects.

Boone's contract is "team friendly" only because he had no clout. Niner's had the clout and used it. Now as a starter Boone has more clout and is using it fully to get a new contract that will be most likely NOT "team friendly".

I hate to see Kap look stupid (Niner's really put one over on him and his lame agents) and not get the credit for trying to be "team friendly". I think this contrasts greatly to other QBs in the league and players on our team like Vernon.
Originally posted by OldJoe:
They are.

But let's give Kap some credit. He said from the outset he was trying to be "team friendly" and was universally scoffed. Top QBs right now have all the leverage.
I cannot think of a QB who has a sizable contract that has any "team friendly" aspects.

Boone's contract is "team friendly" only because he had no clout. Niner's had the clout and used it. Now as a starter Boone has more clout and is using it fully to get a new contract that will be most likely NOT "team friendly".

I hate to see Kap look stupid (Niner's really put one over on him and his lame agents) and not get the credit for trying to be "team friendly". I think this contrasts greatly to other QBs in the league and players on our team like Vernon.

Exactly. Jim Trotter tweeted that Kap knew what this deal meant yet he signed off in it. If true this is very unselfish by Kap. We should be grateful. I think he also realizes that with winning comes endorsements and favorable Joe Montana hotel and real estate development deals
Some of you seem to forget when Eddie D was running the team there was NO salary cap...if Walsh or Siefert needed a player/players, Eddie wrote the check & they went out and bought them. Baalke/Marathe just can't do that now. So, it's ridiculous to compare the current and pre-salary cap regimes. Considering the mess Nolan & Marathe inherited, Niner management's done a marvelous job of managing the cap, yet still continually improving the roster to what it is today. And yes, Mike Nolan deserves considerable credit for his contributions as the GM. Some fans only focus on his W-L record and not his efforts to upgrade the horrible roster he walked into in 2005. With Kap's contract, Marathe should be applauded (Kap should be, too) for constructing it to pay Colin, but not in a way that threatens the cap...and not in a way that's going to hinder Baalke's efforts to extend other key players. We have one of the best front offices in the NFL...and they should be recognized accordingly and Niner fans should be grateful for their expertise.
I think Brady resigned for less money than he could have got to remain with the Pats and to ensure they can build a strong team around him for his last few years. I mean how many guys in the NFL have a wive who makes more $$ than them? Most i would say are mooches and just look pretty.