LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 429 users in the forums

Would you rather have:

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Would you rather have:

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by valrod33:
He is good but he isnt asomugha/revis/woodson good.

No need to overpay him

I'm pretty sure he won't be OVER-PAID like some thought Brooks was, we got a genius behind the calculator.
Grant Cohn needs to stop baiting the fans into this Mike Wallace hype.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Grant Cohn needs to stop baiting the fans into this Mike Wallace hype.

Wallace will be a Niner. BOOK IT.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I hope Rogers signed with us. His veteran experience helps a lot last year, but he's not irreplaceable. I think it will be OK with T. Brown and Culliver. I know some people don't like Brown but he actually did pretty good, especially the second half of the season. Culliver I like too. I think he will be a very good one.

Brown did well because he had help from the safeties all year. Rogers covered the slot often, which is man to man without safety help. Brown and Culliver can't do that.

I'd rather sign Rogers AND get Wallace, which is quite possible with the right contract for Rogers. We won't find anyone close to Wallace with #30 overall.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

No need to overpay him

I'm pretty sure he won't be OVER-PAID like some thought Brooks was, we got a genius behind the calculator.

Shows how much you know.

Paraag needs no calculator.
I would rather have a top wr but we will see how good our CBS do against gb det new eng nyg new Orleans and so on. Cb is very very important if we want to stop these offenses we play and win a sb. But then again so are third downs and tds on offense

No need to overpay him

Asomugha isnt even asomugha good anymore in his new system. And Woodson is now more of a freelance CB/safety, than a pure cover guy. Fans need to keep in perspective Wallace's QB... Mr. Hold on to the ball break two tackles and launch it when DB's can't be expected to cover a guy that long.

With Alex as the QB, Rogers adds more to the team than Wallace... since the second a play breaks down Smith has the opposite tendencies of Big Ben. (Ie: checks down vs. looking for the homerun). If CK steps in after a year or two, then Wallace adds more value if CK plays similar to Ben. My vote goes to Rogers since its easier to envision his success and transition into a Woodson-like hybrid in the defense when DG leaves next year, then fully maximizing Wallace's upside for the cost it will take to get him here(1st round pick + new big contract).
[ Edited by 5280High on Mar 2, 2012 at 9:50 AM ]
Originally posted by 5280High:

No need to overpay him

Asomugha isnt even asomugha good anymore in his new system. And Woodson is now more of a freelance CB/safety, than a pure cover guy. Fans need to keep in perspective Wallace's QB... Mr. Hold on to the ball break two tackles and launch it when DB's can't be expected to cover a guy that long.

With Alex as the QB, Rogers adds more to the team than Wallace... since the second a play breaks down Smith has the opposite tendencies of Big Ben. (Ie: checks down vs. looking for the homerun). If CK steps in after a year or two, then Wallace adds more value if CK plays similar to Ben. My vote goes to Rogers since its easier to envision his success and transition into a Woodson-like hybrid in the defense when DG leaves next year, then fully maximizing Wallace's upside for the cost it will take to get him here(1st round pick + new big contract).

dis doe
Rogers lost a lot of $ with that performance against Victor Cruz...just my opinion
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by swag49:
Rogers lost a lot of $ with that performance against Victor Cruz...just my opinion

please. you do not base a entire years performance on one bad half of football in one game. if we let rogers go it will have nothing to do with that game.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Originally posted by cciowa:

please. you do not base a entire years performance on one bad half of football in one game. if we let rogers go it will have nothing to do with that game.

Plus Cruz has been killing dudes all year.

You must have missed the 2nd half of the game when Rogers made adjustments and shut him down
If I had to choose between wallace of rogers it would be rogers but only because what was brought up earlier with the WC0, now if it was a route running receiver ie Garcon, it would swing me vote away from rogers. Roger did pretty well, but its not hard to play coverage. When the opposing teams qb is rying to make passes out of a peep hole sized window because our d was crashing down on him.
Rogers...

I don't even want Wallace. Not a fan of giving up 1st round picks and paying large contracts. So many other quality receivers out there that we can sign to fill the void without losing a 1st round draft pick and paying an absurd amount of money.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
You must have missed the 2nd half of the game when Rogers made adjustments and shut him down

selective memory
Share 49ersWebzone