LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

Which Niner player who hasnt made a pro bowl yet has the best shot next year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by English:
Rachal.

I think he is the one starter on our team who never has a chance of making the pro bowl ever. He was flat out terrible last season.
Originally posted by ninersfan23:
I think he is the one starter on our team who never has a chance of making the pro bowl ever. He was flat out terrible last season.

We played him out of position.

...... Letting him on the field.
Originally posted by ninersfan23:
Out of all the players on our roster, which player who hasnt made a pro bowl yet do you think has the best shot to make it next season? I think the obvious one is Aldon Smith just for the simple fact that he should have been in it this year. But I will go out on a limb and say either Michael Crabtree or Bruce Miller. Miller has alot of versatility as a fullback and with a full season could have a shot to be picked. But the reason i say Crabs is because i really think he is a newer player. His work ethic got better and better as the season went on. Even with missing a game this past season he had 72 catches for over 800 yards. I think if we bring in another receiver it will take some pressure off him and VD, Alex will get better with a full off season and that will make Crabs better. I could see 80+ catches for 1000+ yards and a pro bowl season.

I'm not sure that I agree with you that Aldon should have been in it this year. He would have had to have gone as a d-end, so who would you take off between Allen, JPP, and Babin?

Bowman's definitely the most likely. 1st team all pro this year, I can't believe Urlacher made the pro bowl over him though, and he may have not even been an alternate. Willis and Bowman should be the 2 inside 'backers chosen for the pro bowl for the next like 8 years lol.
[ Edited by andes14 on Feb 29, 2012 at 2:38 PM ]
Bowman

The guy was 1st team all-pro this season.
Why would an average player like Crabtree even be considered for the Pro Bowl??
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Aldon Smith and it's not even close......./thread

This
On offense, the only potentials are (in order):

1. Iupati - Is already recognized as an up and comer. If the offense makes strides, he could get in there.
2. Miller - Played well enough this year and should only get better. FB is such a crapshoot though.
3. Crabtree - If he puts up 1000-1200 yds., he's got a shot. Problem is he will have to outplay the names (Fitz, C. Johnson, Jennings, Colston, White, etc.)
4. Smith - He will have to have a monster year considering his competition will be Rodgers, Brees, Stafford, E. Manning, Romo, Vick. Maybe even Peyton.

On defense, I think the potentials are less, only because so many guys got in last year. In order:

1. Aldon Smith - As a full time player, if he plays like last year, should be a shoe-in (as long as he is at least decent in run stoppage)
2. Bowman - He will always have the problem of being Willis' teammate when getting recognition. Great problem for us to have, sucks for him...
3. Whitner - Did he make a probowl with Buffalo? If so, exclude.
Iupati deserves some recognition, Aldon has a shot if he repeats his 2011 season. Bruce Miller is a heck of a FB, And Bowman got robbed. But he was an all pro.

I wonder how many of our pro-bowlers make it back in 2012. Willis and Justin Smith are always locks it seems. Was nice to see Staley in it, Gore got his rightful nod, hopefully he doesn't need to be a workhorse and we have a good passing game WR wise. Vernon deserves a shot at the pro bowl.
Originally posted by VANiner:
On offense, the only potentials are (in order):

1. Iupati - Is already recognized as an up and comer. If the offense makes strides, he could get in there.
2. Miller - Played well enough this year and should only get better. FB is such a crapshoot though.
3. Crabtree - If he puts up 1000-1200 yds., he's got a shot. Problem is he will have to outplay the names (Fitz, C. Johnson, Jennings, Colston, White, etc.)
4. Smith - He will have to have a monster year considering his competition will be Rodgers, Brees, Stafford, E. Manning, Romo, Vick. Maybe even Peyton.

On defense, I think the potentials are less, only because so many guys got in last year. In order:

1. Aldon Smith - As a full time player, if he plays like last year, should be a shoe-in (as long as he is at least decent in run stoppage)
2. Bowman - He will always have the problem of being Willis' teammate when getting recognition. Great problem for us to have, sucks for him...
3. Whitner - Did he make a probowl with Buffalo? If so, exclude.

Forgot Whitner, I dont think he has made one yet. Our whole Defense has to get considerations.
Bowman

He made All-Pro this year which got him recognition.

I he repeats his stats from this year with a few more FF or ints, he'll get in and we will have two ILB Pro Bowlers

Anyone know the last time that happened?

Man our front line is STACKED right now. Imagine we draft another dominant LB or DL

Originally posted by niners9:
anyone with the last name Smith

agreed and bowman! lol
Mike Iupati and Anthony Davis. The improvement with the off season camps will help both out a lot.
Bowman and Aldon Smith.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Not Mr. 299. The league just doesn't respect him enough in terms of ability and probably won't. I would say it will be our entire LB corp, like the Saints back in the day.

lol at the nickname

I just don't see it in the same conference as Rodgers, Brees, Newton, Stafford, and Manning. I like the dude, but Pro Bowl is usually a stats thing.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
DUI Smith

This !
Share 49ersWebzone