There are 76 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Which Niner player who hasnt made a pro bowl yet has the best shot next year?

Out of all the players on our roster, which player who hasnt made a pro bowl yet do you think has the best shot to make it next season? I think the obvious one is Aldon Smith just for the simple fact that he should have been in it this year. But I will go out on a limb and say either Michael Crabtree or Bruce Miller. Miller has alot of versatility as a fullback and with a full season could have a shot to be picked. But the reason i say Crabs is because i really think he is a newer player. His work ethic got better and better as the season went on. Even with missing a game this past season he had 72 catches for over 800 yards. I think if we bring in another receiver it will take some pressure off him and VD, Alex will get better with a full off season and that will make Crabs better. I could see 80+ catches for 1000+ yards and a pro bowl season.
Alex Smith
Originally posted by Furlow:
Alex Smith

Wrong Smith, Aldon Smith. Although I would like him to go, but depends on alot
iupati, i'd say bowman but they only take 2 ilb's, willis is one, and its a tough sell to give bowman the other, not saying he doesnt deserve it, but its often political
Bowman fo sho. Ray McDonald possibly, Bruce Miller, Tolzien, Sopoaga
bowman and Aldon smiff
anyone with the last name Smith
Miller was a Pro Bowl alternate this year if memory stills serves me (and that is certainly debatable....)...

Aldon Smith would be at the top of the list.
Alex Smith could make one if the Niners open up the offense a bit and they can get a playmaker or two...
Ahmad Brooks certainly has the talent to make a Pro Bowl.
Mike Iupati also should make one at some point soon.
One of the ST guys (Costanzo or Jones) could also...

Cheers!
Those aren't pro bowl numbers for wr's anymore Guys are having 100 plus catch seasons with 1,400 plus yards.
Crabtree
Originally posted by crabman82:
iupati, i'd say bowman but they only take 2 ilb's, willis is one, and its a tough sell to give bowman the other, not saying he doesnt deserve it, but its often political

Sorry I didnt mention Bowman because he has a very good shot. I thought he made the Pro Bowl this year but I was mistaken. He was named to the All-Pro team not the Pro Bowl team.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Those aren't pro bowl numbers for wr's anymore Guys are having 100 plus catch seasons with 1,400 plus yards.

I think anything over 1000 yards will get Pro Bowl considerations. Greg Jennings made it with less than 1000 yards.
Bowman
Aldon Smith and it's not even close......./thread
My heart says Crabtree. My brain says Bowman and/or Iupati. Surprise pick = T Brown.