LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

Deal Done for Ahmad Brooks (6yr @ $44.5 million)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by midrdan:
I like the signing and would guess that only 10-12 million of this is guaranteed.

Regarding Grant - what if we gave him a 2nd round tender? What would that cost? I'd hate to see Grant go, but essentially trading him for a 2nd rounder would be acceptable.

That would cost $1.94 million

Would rather tag Rogers with that if we're going to tag.

we can't, because Rogers is an UFA.

Correct. The $1.94 million is the 2nd round tender cost since Grant is restricted for one last year. Rogers can only be franchise tagged, but obviously he won't be.
hmm..that's right.

I still think we get him on board. He said he wanted to be back. As long as we make a reasonable offer, I think it happens.

would love to have Rogers back but I have a feeling he won't be.
Thanks to Singletary for bringing in Brooks from the Bengles, their loss our gain
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by Paul:
he is worth $7 million a year??

Let's wait to see how it's loaded...it could be one of those contracts that look great on paper but are never realized.

Yes, this... and I would have been shocked for a smaller deal to have worked.

Looks like the Mock I just posted need to be adjusted, huh? Gladly, will do it. This is one of the best signings for us. Baalke's at it again! So now this looks like Carlos Rogers is the odd man out. I honestly thought that it would be Brooks.

Guess Baalke is taking care of his priorities for this team. Spillman and now Brooks. Speaks volumes, huh?

I still think Rogers will be back on a 3 year contract.

Cosigned. I think they are keeping the defense together and then will go mainly offense in the draft.

I would be so happy to keep the D together and go mostly offense in the draft.
Originally posted by sixbricks:
Thanks to Singletary for bringing in Brooks from the Bengles, their loss our gain

wasnt it nolan? I couldve sworn Nolan took a look at him during the supplemental draft and then took him up from the Bengals later...or am i remembering it wrong?
Can one of you guys Tweet the Matts to get some confirmation on this. I hope I dont have a wood for nothing.
Originally posted by 9erred:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by oldman9er:

Let's wait to see how it's loaded...it could be one of those contracts that look great on paper but are never realized.

Yes, this... and I would have been shocked for a smaller deal to have worked.

Looks like the Mock I just posted need to be adjusted, huh? Gladly, will do it. This is one of the best signings for us. Baalke's at it again! So now this looks like Carlos Rogers is the odd man out. I honestly thought that it would be Brooks.

Guess Baalke is taking care of his priorities for this team. Spillman and now Brooks. Speaks volumes, huh?

I still think Rogers will be back on a 3 year contract.

Cosigned. I think they are keeping the defense together and then will go mainly offense in the draft.

I would be so happy to keep the D together and go mostly offense in the draft.

This. maybe a CB, LB or S later in the draft to develop.
Good work. and i don't think Rogers is the odd man out. It's simple football knowledge. You pay a young pass rusher before you pay an aging corner back.
[ Edited by lamontb on Feb 28, 2012 at 11:10 AM ]
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Can one of you guys Tweet the Matts to get some confirmation on this. I hope I dont have a wood for nothing.

I'm don't trust LaCanFarts word. He dogged the Niners all year and, for some reason, thought we sucked. He was also looking stupid with totally false reports during York's recruiting of Harbaugh. His sources have sucked when it comes to the 49ers.

This isn't baseball. He's going to have to earn most of that money. The quality of the deal for the Niners will depend on how much guaranteed money he gets.

hmm..that's right.

I still think we get him on board. He said he wanted to be back. As long as we make a reasonable offer, I think it happens.

would love to have Rogers back but I have a feeling he won't be.
Oh ye of little faith. Where else will he go and get a huge contract?

Dude's 32 (?). No one else is gonna throw big money at him at that age. If he gets a reasonable offer from someone else, we match it. He'll be back.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Next years starting LB

Aldon-Bowman-Willis-Brooks

Haralson as the backup

replace Haralson with draft pick.

keep haralson, add a draft pick

haralson makes too much for a backup now, consider him gone
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

I'm don't trust LaCanFarts word. He dogged the Niners all year and, for some reason, thought we sucked. He was also looking stupid with totally false reports during York's recruiting of Harbaugh. His sources have sucked when it comes to the 49ers.

His source is probably the agent.
Nice

Yeah awesome, now we can forget about trying every other position at OLB!!!
Its being reported by Jason La Candouche, so although this is probably true, we should take it with a slight grain of salt. $35 mil over 5 years is a lot of cash, but I'm glad the front office is making it a priority to keep this defense together. With Brooks, Smith, and Goldson likely to return with high salaries, i think its safe to say we won't be spending much money on other free agents.
Share 49ersWebzone