LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 386 users in the forums

Deal Done for Ahmad Brooks (6yr @ $44.5 million)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Holy s**t, Brooks cares more about getting ready for next season than spending time with his fam!
Q: Is being in Santa Clara right now, is that a departure from your normal offseason routine? Didn't you usually go back to Virginia in the offseason?
Brooks: Yeah, I usually go home in the offseason to my mother's house. I have a daughter out there. So, that's pretty much my main reason why I go home. But I realized that I'm not 23, 24 years old anymore. I'm 28 and a lot of things change over the years. You grow up and you start seeing things from a different light and my career's here in California. So, I really want to make the best for my career and just capitalize on what I've already gained.
http://sfo.scout.com/2/1162892.html

lol, not just his fam, his daughter
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
i'm gonna try to have his baby now.
sounds like way too much for this dude.
[ Edited by unst4bl3 on Feb 28, 2012 at 9:27 PM ]
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Holy s**t, Brooks cares more about getting ready for next season than spending time with his fam!
Q: Is being in Santa Clara right now, is that a departure from your normal offseason routine? Didn't you usually go back to Virginia in the offseason?
Brooks: Yeah, I usually go home in the offseason to my mother's house. I have a daughter out there. So, that's pretty much my main reason why I go home. But I realized that I'm not 23, 24 years old anymore. I'm 28 and a lot of things change over the years. You grow up and you start seeing things from a different light and my career's here in California. So, I really want to make the best for my career and just capitalize on what I've already gained.

Glad he's not my dad.....

I could get over the neglect for a healthy piece of $17.5 million guaranteed.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
sounds like way too much for this dude.

i think keeping the unit together played a big role in this signing. I agree though. Don't think he's worth it.
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Originally posted by solidg2000:
KamerIon Wimbley
5 year 48 mil 29 guarenteed
Chad Greenway
5 year 41 mil 21 guarenteed
Karlos Dansby (2010)
5 year 43 mil 22 guarenteed

Is Brooks better then these men?

this year, he was

Exactly! We got him cheaper then these suckers and lets not all forget
BROOKS PLAYED THE MOST DEFENSIVE SNAPS THIS YEAR!!!
He rarely left the field
i really like the signing! and i like when baalke is surprising me and the zone
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
You said "passing downs." We are in our Nickel Defense for "passing downs" (its our defense when we expect teams to pass), which is a 4 man front. In the Nickel, both Aldon and Brooks are regular rushers. So, Brooks will rush just as frequently on passing downs. And you are incorrect that Haralson barely rushed on base downs. Watch the games again. He didn't rush quite as often as Brooks, but it was much closer than you think (stating he wasn't around the QB often doesn't mean he wasn't sent; it means he didn't get there). When Aldon was in on base downs (blowout, late season, and Haralson hurt), he still dropped several times a game. The reason why Baalke explicitly stated that the primary requirement for 3-4 OLBs is pass rushing, is that a 3-4 disguises where the 4th rusher comes from, so you must be equally dangerous as a defense sending either OLB. That's why Pittsburg keeps two expensive OLBs and drafts for the next one every year. They do that 3-4 pretty well over there.

Oops, ya my bad. Should have said downs or plays in general, not passing downs. Also, Pittsburgh often rushes 5 and 6 guys so having two outside 'backers that can rush well is more important. It's not as important for us because we rarely rush more than 4. And since our d-line is better than Pit's, we can get away with it.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Glad he's not my dad.....

I could get over the neglect for a healthy piece of $17.5 million guaranteed.

Might as well bring his daughter out here. He's here for life!

Originally posted by andes14:
You said "passing downs." We are in our Nickel Defense for "passing downs" (its our defense when we expect teams to pass), which is a 4 man front. In the Nickel, both Aldon and Brooks are regular rushers. So, Brooks will rush just as frequently on passing downs. And you are incorrect that Haralson barely rushed on base downs. Watch the games again. He didn't rush quite as often as Brooks, but it was much closer than you think (stating he wasn't around the QB often doesn't mean he wasn't sent; it means he didn't get there). When Aldon was in on base downs (blowout, late season, and Haralson hurt), he still dropped several times a game. The reason why Baalke explicitly stated that the primary requirement for 3-4 OLBs is pass rushing, is that a 3-4 disguises where the 4th rusher comes from, so you must be equally dangerous as a defense sending either OLB. That's why Pittsburg keeps two expensive OLBs and drafts for the next one every year. They do that 3-4 pretty well over there.

Oops, ya my bad. Should have said downs or plays in general, not passing downs. Also, Pittsburgh often rushes 5 and 6 guys so having two outside 'backers that can rush well is more important. It's not as important for us because we rarely rush more than 4. And since our d-line is better than Pit's, we can get away with it.

Their DLine used to be every bit as good as ours though with Keisel, Hampton, and Smith. They had 3 very good starters. I mean come on man, Fangio used to blitz a lot more, one of the reasons he didn't this year is because of limited offseason time that prevented them from getting into the entire play book.
Originally posted by andes14:

Their DLine used to be every bit as good as ours though with Keisel, Hampton, and Smith. They had 3 very good starters. I mean come on man, Fangio used to blitz a lot more, one of the reasons he didn't this year is because of limited offseason time that prevented them from getting into the entire play book.

I don't care, I hope we don't blitz much next year either. Our defense was LEGENDARY and if mostly what we did was rush 4 and drop 7, then that's what I hope and expect we do in 2012.
Originally posted by cciowa:
thank you jake,, i agree with you and susweet in regards to grant, would like to keep him but i am sure he will get some money and he knows he has no change to start with the crew in front of him

I'll double check but I thought Grant was a Restricted Free Agent. If so I believe the Niners can tender him a contract offer (I would think a 3rd round would do it). If someone else signed him the Niners get their 3rd round pick as compensation. If not the Niners keep him.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on this.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
An OL's worst nightmare
Originally posted by Mookster:
Originally posted by cciowa:
thank you jake,, i agree with you and susweet in regards to grant, would like to keep him but i am sure he will get some money and he knows he has no change to start with the crew in front of him

I'll double check but I thought Grant was a Restricted Free Agent. If so I believe the Niners can tender him a contract offer (I would think a 3rd round would do it). If someone else signed him the Niners get their 3rd round pick as compensation. If not the Niners keep him.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on this.

I know Haralson hasn't lived up to the contract he got after his 7 sack season but he is solid. He is a nasty player and not a bad 3rd OLB. If we resign Grant, that is a great core group of 6 linebackers. I would dare say best in the league (2 all Pros, Shouldhave been DROY, and Brooks)
Share 49ersWebzone