LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 302 users in the forums

Deal Done for Ahmad Brooks (6yr @ $44.5 million)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by andes14:
So you guys think Brooks is nearly as good as Harrison and Woodley??? My god that's just such blind bias.

It's not bias. You're clearly ignoring that you are DEAD wrong (see upthread) about Woodley and Harrison's contracts. Brooks won't be making anything near that. He was paid fair market value. I see no issue with that.
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Not even close, brorchaco, but its pretty obvious you dont know what you are talking about so Ill leave it at that, good day sir

How is it not even close? Brooks HAS had great years before 2011??? Really? Which ones??? Do tell. Rogers' 2011>Brooks' 2011...Rogers' career before 2011>Brooks' career before 2011...that's not even debatable...

LOL

I agree with valrod, you obviously dont know what youre talking about.

And yet no one can name a single damn year prior to 2011 where Brooks was a big time player. How one can say Rogers' 2011 could have been a fluke while not acknowledging that Brooks' 2011 season could have been a fluke as well BLOWS my mind...

Brooks has been here for 3 years, has improved every year, and has shown he can be an impact player before, albeit in a part-time role. Could he be a fluke? Maybe. But he plays an important position that is highly valuable. Any contract is a calculated gamble. Given what we know about him, and what the market for OLB's is, I think its a smart gamble.
When will we know the breakdown?
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
And yet no one can name a single damn year prior to 2011 where Brooks was a big time player. How one can say Rogers' 2011 could have been a fluke while not acknowledging that Brooks' 2011 season could have been a fluke as well BLOWS my mind...

Its hard to be a big time player when you dont get playing time
He said it himself, former coaches told him he wasnt good enough to fit in an NFL system
He finally gets the chance to start and plays very good.

I never said Rogers was a fluke. He had a good rookie season and didnt fit in the Redskins system the next few years. I never even mentioned Rogers before this post
Originally posted by baltien:
I think Woodley's accountant would disagree:

UPDATE: Per a source with knowledge of the situation, it's a six-year, $61.5 million deal. He'll make $18.1 million in 2011 and $27 million over two years, making him the second highest-paid Steeler of all time, behind only Roethlisberger.

Source: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/05/lamarr-woodley-announces-a-new-long-term-deal/

Again, we did NOT overpay and even if "we" did....it's not your money. Chill out.

Oy vey, just because it's not my money means it shouldn't bother me? lmao...it means we have less cash to sign others...
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by susweel:
Exactly, who cares what the 49ers paid him. As long as he is on our team Im happy.

i think its fair to "worry" about the contracts, as bad contracts can hurt the team long-term. However, I don't think this is a bad contract.

If this contract causes us to lose a guy like Carlos Rogers, it is definitely a bad contract.

as much as I love what Rogers did this year and want to see him on the team, Brooks is more important.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Not even close, brorchaco, but its pretty obvious you dont know what you are talking about so Ill leave it at that, good day sir

How is it not even close? Brooks HAS had great years before 2011??? Really? Which ones??? Do tell. Rogers' 2011>Brooks' 2011...Rogers' career before 2011>Brooks' career before 2011...that's not even debatable...

LOL

Brooks has been here for 3 years, has improved every year, and has shown he can be an impact player before, albeit in a part-time role. Could he be a fluke? Maybe. But he plays an important position that is highly valuable. Any contract is a calculated gamble. Given what we know about him, and what the market for OLB's is, I think its a smart gamble.

He was originally an inside LB that was converted to the outside.
Exactly, who cares what the 49ers paid him. As long as he is on our team Im happy.

i think its fair to "worry" about the contracts, as bad contracts can hurt the team long-term. However, I don't think this is a bad contract.

I never worry about contracts because I dont know the complete details. I just worry about who we have playing for us every week and this guy came to play every week.

I don't worry about them because I know players won't even sniff the advertised amount. Because the moment their salary begin to swell, teams will either approach them to restructure or cut them. That's how the business works.
LOL>>>> Brooks was the most important FA signing for this team. More important than Goldson and rogers put together. People are way under valueing this guys worth.
  • VDSF
  • Veteran

I said good day

• ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by baltien:
I think Woodley's accountant would disagree:

UPDATE: Per a source with knowledge of the situation, it's a six-year, $61.5 million deal. He'll make $18.1 million in 2011 and $27 million over two years, making him the second highest-paid Steeler of all time, behind only Roethlisberger.

Source: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/05/lamarr-woodley-announces-a-new-long-term-deal/

Again, we did NOT overpay and even if "we" did....it's not your money. Chill out.

Oy vey, just because it's not my money means it shouldn't bother me? lmao...it means we have less cash to sign others...

I'm done arguing with you.

LOL

He was originally an inside LB that was converted to the outside.

yeah, good point. and he's entering his prime.

Dude, read my previous post, and just accept it. Just because you want to believe that Brooks is being paid at the top of his position, when I have provided you evidence that he clearly is not, won't change a thing. You are clearly choosing to ignore reality because it suits your argument. Have a good day.
Really think he was an under rated part of the success of this defense.
LMAO at people who are complaining about the size of the contract.

He is NEVER GONNA SEE ALL THAT MONEY. It's all about the guaranteed money, and 17 Mil ain't bad for todays NFL.

The contract is also likely backloaded and the final years probably have HUGE salaries attached to them which will either be renegotiated or he won't be on the team. Come on guys.....you act like this has never happened before. You gotta know the way the game is played by now.
Share 49ersWebzone