There are 129 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Deal Done for Ahmad Brooks (6yr @ $44.5 million)

Jason La Canfora ‏ @JasonLaCanfora Reply Retweet Favorite · Open 49ers deep in talks with LB Ahmad Brooks. Deal expected soon in range of 5 years/$35M. He's 1 of many key free agents on D #insideslant

EDIT: Deal done.

Bob Lange ‏ @49ersPR Reply Retweet Favorite · Open Congrats to #49ers OLB Ahmad Brooks who just signed a six-year contract extension that keep's him in red & gold through 2017.

Eric Branch ‏ @Eric_Branch Reply Retweet Favorite · Open Per tweet via ESPN's Josina Anderson, Brooks' six-year deal has max value of $44.5 million. bit.ly/ydgsVr
[ Edited by RedWaltz24 on Feb 28, 2012 at 11:57 AM ]
Nice
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Jason La Canfora ‏ @JasonLaCanfora Reply Retweet Favorite · Open 49ers deep in talks with LB Ahmad Brooks. Deal expected soon in range of 5 years/$35M. He's 1 of many key free agents on D #insideslant

Ugh that's a lot of $
  • Paul
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,726
he is worth $7 million a year??
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,800 for sachie23.
that's a lot of money. I actually have faith in this front office though so I'll go with it. I have a feeling they are going to tag Goldson and let Rogers walk if he doesn't take a hometown discount. I can't see them paying a 31 year old corner big money.
Originally posted by Paul:
he is worth $7 million a year??

Let's wait to see how it's loaded...it could be one of those contracts that look great on paper but are never realized.
Originally posted by Paul:
he is worth $7 million a year??

He's 27 years old in the prime of his career and coming off a productive season. Good OLB's are not that easy to find, so its a good move to keep the band together.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,240
so does that mean if brooks is signed we can cross off a pass rushing linebacker with a high draft choice off our list? if sachie is right maybe we look for a corner kick returner cuz i have a feeling they will let ginn go to?
Also posted in the Free Agency forum just in case the Mods are picky.

I'm so pumped about this! Now he and Aldon will be the starters with a very reliable and talented backup in Haralson, better than two goats in a pepper patch! Now, our attention in those first two rounds can go to a receiver, not just a wide one though.

We are going to be even better off the edge in 2012, guaranteed!
[ Edited by ninertico on Feb 28, 2012 at 10:30 AM ]
It will probably be close to 5 years/$35 million all in, but given the 49ers recent track record with long term contracts it's likely heavily incentive laden and guaranteed for injury only. It will be fine.
Originally posted by Paul:
he is worth $7 million a year??

Expect it to be backloaded.
  • mike
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,827
Originally posted by sachie23:
that's a lot of money. I actually have faith in this front office though so I'll go with it. I have a feeling they are going to tag Goldson and let Rogers walk if he doesn't take a hometown discount. I can't see them paying a 31 year old corner big money.

Exactly how I see things turning out too. Keeping our front 7 together is clearly the top priority.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Paul:
he is worth $7 million a year??

He's 27 years old in the prime of his career and coming off a productive season. Good OLB's are not that easy to find, so its a good move to keep the band together.

I agree. No matter what anyone wants to say, Brooks is a talented freak. Aldon WILL get double teamed next year and Brooks showed he is very capable of getting to the QB, chasing down RB's, and solid vs the pass. I actually think he's going to get better next year being in his prime. Our key 5 rushers will be the best in the league.
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Jason La Canfora ‏ @JasonLaCanfora Reply Retweet Favorite � Open 49ers deep in talks with LB Ahmad Brooks. Deal expected soon in range of 5 years/$35M. He's 1 of many key free agents on D #insideslant

That better be a lot of incentive money he has to earn.