There are 172 users in the forums

Niners Sign CJ Spillman

Shop Find 49ers gear online
good
If Spillman got a straight $1.8M signing bonus, pro-rated over 3 seasons, it's $600K, and he would have a league minimum $615K base salary, so he would make $1.215M, which is less than the original offer, not much, but is also lower than the 2nd-round tender of 1.927M
Originally posted by susweel:
Good special teams player glad to have him back.

2 million a year does seem to be expensive doe.
No if he is also a backup safety!
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
If Spillman got a straight $1.8M signing bonus, pro-rated over 3 seasons, it's $600K, and he would have a league minimum $615K base salary, so he would make $1.215M, which is less than the original offer, not much, but is also lower than the 2nd-round tender of 1.927M

[head exploding gif]
Good start Baalke. Keep it going........
Originally posted by Garcia:
great signing.
our best special teams player on the coverage team.

yes he is a beast on ST and in Prevent situations.
We now have 3 SS signed and no FS's lol

SS Whitner Spillman Colin Jones

Goldson, Reggie Smith and Williams were are FS last year
Championship!!!!!!!!!

I'm really glad he got re-signed, he's been a terrific pickup for this team from day one, a true special teams ace, can't overestimate his importance to that unit.
$2 million a year is too expensive for him. We need that money for the real FA's.....

I dont think he can play OLB doe

• Shifty
  • Veteran
While on the topic of Special Teams, is Blake Costanzo signed for next season? He is also a beast!
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
While on the topic of Special Teams, is Blake Costanzo signed for next season? He is also a beast!

No he is not
Awesome, he was the special teams ace two years ago now he's the 2nd in command with Costanzo. He looked good the little bit he played safety. Would love to see him out at FS a good chunk of the pre season. I'm glad we are re-signing guys like him and Boone to 3/4 year deals and not 1 year deals because this way they are bargains. Boone could be a starting tackle and be only getting a couple million a year. In 3-4 years there deals should be huge bargains. If you go 1 year you risk them breaking out even more and raising their prices. Glad to have him and Boone locked up.

Now, hopefully Costanzo is next. Also, Brock and Tukuafa should be cheap deals that are easy to get done.

P.S. I see him more as a FS but he will probably take Reggie's role as the next safety in. Like I said I want to see him get a ton of work in the pre season.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Feb 24, 2012 at 3:46 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone