LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 264 users in the forums

So I just watched several 49er games on NFL Rewind

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by rob28:
A question or 2 for those who have nfl rewind. How long are the games and do you get to watch every play? Thanks in advance.

Condensed the games are about half an hour. A second or two after a play is over, the next play is queued up. I don't think there's much time wasted after touchdowns or turnovers, so no time to revel in that, hehe.

In full mode, I think the games are between 90 and 120 minutes. It's the TV broadcast minus all of the commercials, no halftime delay. There is a feature that allows instant 10 second fast forward (and rewind), and as long as your connection is good it happens immediately without any delay. So it's a handy way of speeding up the game if it needs speeding up.

I think it's a toss up between condensed and full. Condensed is great in allowing you to bang out a game real fast but you lose a bit of the feel of the game by doing that. For someone like me who missed a number of games from the 2011 season I like to watch them drawn out, although I ripped through the Cincy game condensed because of lack of productive activity.

Another advantage of watching full is they have markers along the bottom that you can click on to fast forward to all the big plays (scores, turnovers, big runs/passes, etc. as well as the game film for those plays) -- condensed has none of that.

Also you cannot go back and forth on the fly between the two without restarting from the beginning. It would be nice if they had that feature, but not a deal breaker.
Originally posted by nflguy49:
The Niners defense played lights out but the weakness of the team all season was the passing game (even though some want to pretend Alex is elite) and it was the passing game that killed us against the giants.

Only 17 points even with one drive starting at midfield? 1 of 13 on 3rd downs. It wasn't the first time this season that the Niners passing offense sucked but it was the first time the defense didn't get three or more turnovers to bail the offense out.

Just curious, what percentage of the blame for the terrible offense do you blame on Smith? Versus Harbaugh? Versus...?
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by nflguy49:
The Niners defense played lights out but the weakness of the team all season was the passing game (even though some want to pretend Alex is elite) and it was the passing game that killed us against the giants.

Only 17 points even with one drive starting at midfield? 1 of 13 on 3rd downs. It wasn't the first time this season that the Niners passing offense sucked but it was the first time the defense didn't get three or more turnovers to bail the offense out.

Just curious, what percentage of the blame for the terrible offense do you blame on Smith? Versus Harbaugh? Versus...?

100% Smith.
Just banged out the Chiefs/Packers game.....

WOW.....Haley's comment about Chiefs/49ers similarities weren't too far off. They moved the ball well but struggled in the red zone....would have been a big win if they scored more than just 1 TD in 5 red zone trips. Very good, physical defense.

I don't want this to mean I equate the Chiefs to be as good as the 49ers, but their blueprint is similar to ours, just not as talented.

BTW, Dwayne Bowe played very well. Would be great to have him.
I have Directv and I subscribe to the NFL Package. Does anybody know if I get the rewind?
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Originally posted by Youngb:
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Just watched the Saints game. Can't wait to be back at the Stick next year. The atmosphere was awesome.

I miss being there. I had season tickets for years but then had to move to WA state because of work and haven't been to a game since. This next season I'm coming back for a visit to the Bay specifically to go to a game. I can't wait for the schedule to come out and pick which one to attend. I'm hoping a Monday Night game against the Seahawks. I cannot stand that team since I had to deal with their crap fans for years. I was able to buy tickets on the ebay/craigslist for 50 percent of the ticket price on the weeks I went to go watch games, purchase a jersey of the team they were facing then return it on Monday (unless it was an SF one). Ahhh good times.

In b4 the cool story bro.

Anyway, on topic. JT, your first assessment I agree with completely. Imo, Morgan is better than Crabs. I just hope he's able to come back again next year in full strength.

Enjoy The Stick while you can, because you will be hard pressed to find the money to buy tix at the new parking lot stadium...

i heard the new stadium seats had a psl of a crazy 80k! is that true? and if you guys do have season tix have you heard anything about having to pay a psl, cuz that would be bs to not be able to afford the new stadiums seas tix cuz of that
What's up with all the hating on Crabs? He's gotten much better year after year after year. Hell, he even reminds me somewhat of Jerry in the blocking game. The guy is down the field blocking for Gore and Hunter. I still remember the one run against Arizona where Gore broke off for a TD. The only reason he got the TD is because Crabs was down the field laying the guy OUT and Gore sneaks by the great block for a TD. Afterwards, Gore is on the sideline thanking him for the little things Crabs works for that turns out to be BIG things. Say what you want to say, but Crabs is a baller and a TEAM player.
Originally posted by matt49er:
I have Directv and I subscribe to the NFL Package. Does anybody know if I get the rewind?

NFL rewind is through nfl.com and streamed to your computer. Which is great if you can hook your computer up to your tv. It might be cheaper now that the season is over.
Any particular games you guys like from '09-'10 season??

I watched Alex Smith throw 3 TDs in a near comeback against Houston as Marvin mentioned......excellent showing by AS!
When I bought it last year for 20.00 (must have been later on since it is 29.99 now) I watched all the games from 09 and 10. 4 of them weren't working for 09 though. The Colts one where we shut down manning and should have won is a good one. The 2nd half of the Packers game. Jacksonville was a complete game, AZ MNF was awesome.. 5 picks vs Cutler on TNF, 35-0 shutout against rams, vikings game was good until the last play, opening game against az was a shocker...

Originally posted by kodiak9er:
Originally posted by Youngb:
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Just watched the Saints game. Can't wait to be back at the Stick next year. The atmosphere was awesome.

I miss being there. I had season tickets for years but then had to move to WA state because of work and haven't been to a game since. This next season I'm coming back for a visit to the Bay specifically to go to a game. I can't wait for the schedule to come out and pick which one to attend. I'm hoping a Monday Night game against the Seahawks. I cannot stand that team since I had to deal with their crap fans for years. I was able to buy tickets on the ebay/craigslist for 50 percent of the ticket price on the weeks I went to go watch games, purchase a jersey of the team they were facing then return it on Monday (unless it was an SF one). Ahhh good times.

In b4 the cool story bro.

Anyway, on topic. JT, your first assessment I agree with completely. Imo, Morgan is better than Crabs. I just hope he's able to come back again next year in full strength.

Enjoy The Stick while you can, because you will be hard pressed to find the money to buy tix at the new parking lot stadium...

i heard the new stadium seats had a psl of a crazy 80k! is that true? and if you guys do have season tix have you heard anything about having to pay a psl, cuz that would be bs to not be able to afford the new stadiums seas tix cuz of that

My old seats are $60k for the SBL and $295 per game each seat. I just read every seat in the new place will have an SBL (stadium builders license) another word for PSL. It will be a one time charge. Event freaks only need apply, sad sh*t..

My connection is not fast enough to watch, however 10yard torrents are a substitute if I really want to experience the pain of Williams or our Offense last season, well most of the time it was pain. Looking forward to all the competition this year and the tough schedule..not going to be sneaking up on anyone this year, that's for sure..
[ Edited by Bali-Niner on Mar 24, 2012 at 8:45 PM ]
My old seats are $60k for the SBL and $295 per game each seat. I just read every seat in the new place will have an SBL (stadium builders license) another word for PSL. It will be a one time charge. Event freaks only need apply, sad sh*t..

My connection is not fast enough to watch, however 10yard torrents are a substitute if I really want to experience the pain of Williams or our Offense last season, well most of the time it was pain. Looking forward to all the competition this year and the tough schedule..not going to be sneaking up on anyone this year, that's for sure..

so if you want season tix at the new stadium, how does that work. do you have to pay 60k and then the season tix price? this doesnt make sense to me, say if i wanted to buy season tix for the niners at the stick, i would have to pay for a 60k SBL and then the season tix? and also for the new stadium, i would have to pay said SBL amount up front and then the price for the tickets. if thats the case who the hell can afford a 60k payment to have season tickets............
Share 49ersWebzone