There are 153 users in the forums

Did we just hire Brad Seely's replacement?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by susweel:
Doesn't say anything about being his replacement.

Of course it doesn't.

Lookin' into the crystal ball of the future my friend. Seely was already interviewed for the Colt's HC position this year. He will be a hot commodity when we go to the playoffs again. I don't think he will stay once we win the SuperBowl.

I truly expect him to become a HC next year or no later than the year after. He has the Assistant HC position now and helps Harbaugh with the game, you can see it on the field. I thought I remember reading last year that he wants to be a HC soon.

That's why I believe this guy, Tracy Smith, will be his heir apparent as Seely was his mentor in Cleveland and can continue that role with him. Smith seems like a great commodity for us in ST. He knows the system and can continue it once Seely leaves...and he will, too.

All the good to great ones do. It's just a matter of time.

Agree. Great post.
Seely is a good special teams coach however I think its very unlikely he will ever be a head coach. Special teams to head coach has only happened once before so the odds stacked against him.

That is great news for the team and my thoughts on the matter as well
We just signed Seely's former LS, Ryan Pontriband, http://www.fantasysp.com/player/nfl/Ryan_Pontbriand/2084616/49ers-agreed-to-terms-with-ls-ryan-pontbriand-formerly-of-the
Originally posted by Fal_Mc11:
Seely is a good special teams coach however I think its very unlikely he will ever be a head coach. Special teams to head coach has only happened once before so the odds stacked against him.

That is great news for the team and my thoughts on the matter as well

t Seely was an assistant coach as well. Does that title carry any merit?

This. Seely has been a GREAT specials teams coach for a long time. He previously interviewed for a head coach position when he was special teams coach of the Patriots...like 6 years ago. He's been coaching special teams in the NFL since like 1989, I don't all of a sudden see him getting a head coaching gig, if he does then I'll be quite happy for him, I think he'd make a damn good coach, but I'd really love to see him continue on with the 49ers.
reading some things from browns fans, they really miss the f**king guy apparently they were a train wreck on sp team this past year
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
McCloughan's mole....

This
Share 49ersWebzone