There are 172 users in the forums

According to Adam Shefter, the 49ers are tryin to get 2 Top WR's

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fly15:
they can sign all of the above including A. johnson, it wont matter..... they all need a quality qb

This thread is about FA opportunities.
Originally posted by FL9er:
they can sign all of the above including A. johnson, it wont matter..... they all need a quality qb

This thread is about FA opportunities.
Now FL, not a knock on fly. But at the same time, you know we cant have any thread, it's sad to say, that talks about the offense, and they dont bring up Alex. We can be talking about Goodwin snapping the ball, and just Goodwin, and someone will be like well look who he's hiking the ball off too. WE just gotta take the good with the bad. Fortunately for us, more people are focused now (i hope) on the success of us as a team now, rather then the lack of a player, that helped guide us to 13-3, and the NFC West crown. And also notice i said helped guide, not lead all by himself. lol
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Plaxico fits the role of a 1-2 year contracted vet that can come in and fill the need while the rookie developes to take over full time. Plaxico IMO is worth a shot. It not like Sanchez and that jest offense was lighting the world on fire, and Plax was the only one struggleing..

I see what you did there
Thanks, AB, you just saved me time responding. A question for you is, do you like the idea of schidt canning craps...and his $4.5 mil/yr (or thereabouts), trying to sign wallace for about $9mil/yr, thus spending a net $4.5mil/yr more for obtaining Wallace and getting rid of craps and his lackluster #4WR production. We would have to also sign a good hands guy with our first pick, or even trade up ....but keeping craps around for $4.5 and producing like a #4 WR just seems to be a bad deal for us capwise. Getting rid of his salary ...or as mentioned trying to get steelers to take a guy signed for $4.5 for a couple yrs(which would help their cap problem) and us taking on wallace and his $9 mil/yr would really just incr our payroll by $4.5. The other thing would have to be a big slug of late rd picks as WR campmeat plus get every possible UDFA WR in camp for at least a couple days look see....and then we might just get a couple guys with good hands that don't cost much money. I , like you, am absolutely sure we have to get wallace or someone like him, or we end up paying hi $$ to untested hi pick WR( would necessitate trade up), and still we could end up with Rashaun Woods part II. It doesn't make sense to not take a tried and true WR in FA, unless Coach and baalke are dead sure they can pick us up a #1, #2, and a #4 or #5 just from draft.

We already know that H&B are aware we need that #1 WR , and hence they tried to make it go with Braylon....didn't work but it does show they know craps is a #3 WR at best, and maybe a #4 or #5. Spending $4.5 per yr on him is a waste of good $$. Dropping his salary means we could pick up a wallace at a net salary incr of $4.5/yr, and that is exactly what i think our guys are going to do...unless pissburg would take craps in trade as a #3 WR or #4, to meet their cap requirements. I never meant to say that pissburg would consider craps as a #1 WR, but they got a cap problem, even tho 7 or more of their guys have restructured their contracts(incl rottenbergetr) to try and get under the cap.It would just put the onus on them to try and find a #1 WR or a #2 in the draft.
Sounds like the Sheft' is using common sense as a leap towards truth.

NO SHTI WE NEED A WR

You know, if you weren't such a flagrant troll there wouldn't be multiple posts/threads where people demand that you are banned.
Originally posted by aman49:

You know, if you weren't such a flagrant troll there wouldn't be multiple posts/threads where people demand that you are banned.

THIS lol THIS
Originally posted by five1oh:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Plaxico fits the role of a 1-2 year contracted vet that can come in and fill the need while the rookie developes to take over full time. Plaxico IMO is worth a shot. It not like Sanchez and that jest offense was lighting the world on fire, and Plax was the only one struggleing..

I see what you did there

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
OK Baalke, lets try for Vincent Jackson. SD decide not to tag
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Thanks, AB, you just saved me time responding. A question for you is, do you like the idea of schidt canning craps...and his $4.5 mil/yr (or thereabouts), trying to sign wallace for about $9mil/yr, thus spending a net $4.5mil/yr more for obtaining Wallace and getting rid of craps and his lackluster #4WR production. We would have to also sign a good hands guy with our first pick, or even trade up ....but keeping craps around for $4.5 and producing like a #4 WR just seems to be a bad deal for us capwise. Getting rid of his salary ...or as mentioned trying to get steelers to take a guy signed for $4.5 for a couple yrs(which would help their cap problem) and us taking on wallace and his $9 mil/yr would really just incr our payroll by $4.5. The other thing would have to be a big slug of late rd picks as WR campmeat plus get every possible UDFA WR in camp for at least a couple days look see....and then we might just get a couple guys with good hands that don't cost much money. I , like you, am absolutely sure we have to get wallace or someone like him, or we end up paying hi $$ to untested hi pick WR( would necessitate trade up), and still we could end up with Rashaun Woods part II. It doesn't make sense to not take a tried and true WR in FA, unless Coach and baalke are dead sure they can pick us up a #1, #2, and a #4 or #5 just from draft.

We already know that H&B are aware we need that #1 WR , and hence they tried to make it go with Braylon....didn't work but it does show they know craps is a #3 WR at best, and maybe a #4 or #5. Spending $4.5 per yr on him is a waste of good $$. Dropping his salary means we could pick up a wallace at a net salary incr of $4.5/yr, and that is exactly what i think our guys are going to do...unless pissburg would take craps in trade as a #3 WR or #4, to meet their cap requirements. I never meant to say that pissburg would consider craps as a #1 WR, but they got a cap problem, even tho 7 or more of their guys have restructured their contracts(incl rottenbergetr) to try and get under the cap.It would just put the onus on them to try and find a #1 WR or a #2 in the draft.

This is what you call "saving time responding?".........

The 9ers have to go into camp with more than five good receivers. They need to account for injuries and increase competition at the same time. So with only two WRs signed currently I would anticipate bringing in a number of guys even if they sign all of their own. I'm not sure there are two top WR who want to play in Harbaugh's Power Running system so draft picks may be very important this year. If they can use two of their top four choices on WR I would be happy...but they still need to sign Morgan just for his chemistry with Smith.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

This is what you call "saving time responding?".........

... thought the same thing, was wondering what the original post would look like (its all in good fun)
[ Edited by 5280High on Mar 6, 2012 at 7:58 AM ]
We need to pick a good player to fill a hole that is not a glorified position to the fans , but will make a huge impact for the team. We should sing a true top WR like Wallace , V Jackson, i know this is not going to happen most likely so i would like to see us sing Reggie Wayne, and Meachem.
Our WRs would be : Wayne/Crabtree/Meachem/Morgan. ??? just a thought.
How should we sing a true Reggie wayne and Mike Wallace. Would it be a song where we hit the high or low notes?
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
I hope we can go after Jax or Wallace. Just one of them, along with resigning Morgan will bolster our offense tremendously. After Morgan went down last year, Crabs was suppose to step it up and that didn't happen. He needs someone to get heat of him.
Share 49ersWebzone