Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by jojomellon:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Smalls:
A guy like Garcon, Manningham or Meacham paired with a TY Hilton, Marvin Jones or Marvin McNutt should work just fine I would believe.

Manningham isn't going anywhere. NY fans would storm the headquarters if they did not re-sign their SB hero. Meachem is likely to be re-signed at a low number. Given his injury history he won't get a lot of interest. Garcon is the most likely as he will not want to go through a training year with a rookie even if that rook is Luck.

manningham is so gone. he will get more than hes worth and they have been rumored to get back steve smith, plus theyre gonna need the money for cruz and nicks. theyll be fine without manningham

Tyree was their SB hero as well and look what happened to him. Yep.

Giants are a factory for WR's with stats

Not to mention Giants are OVER the cap and wouldn't be able to afford Manningham.
Its not as if it'd be hard for them to get under enough to make him an offer, but yes, Id say its a 90% chance Manningham is elsewhere next season as some WR needy team's #2 WR.

They got Osi and Cruz contracts to worry about don't you think it's harder than what you think? He's gone ohhhhhhh so gone!

Uhhh, the Giants are not worrying about Osi's contract. Hes got a year left still and they have no interest in extending him. He's their 3rd DE.
And Cruz is under control through 2013, whether he likes it or not. I agreed that Manningham is gone, but its not out of cap concerns, but rather their comfortable depth.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
If wallace is too expensive, how about trade craps to steelers and take wallace and his $9.5-10 mil contract, which would give us a #1 WR, give steelers a potential #2 wR, and our incr cost is $4.5 mil per yr, but we no longer have craps here, and steelers have a recevier they can afford. Win/win.. We would have $4.5 mil more on our payroll but it would be a way to get a guaranteed #1 WR which is our #1 need. The additional $4.5 mil wouldn't break the bank...I hope. Then we need a handful of UdFA WRs in camp or maybe a rd 6 or 7. Any thot on that?

Can I have some of that bud that you're smoking? Crabtree wouldn't crack their starting lineup. the Steelers aren't dummies. Plus, Wallace isnt under contract so how could they trade him?
A guy like Garcon, Manningham or Meacham paired with a TY Hilton, Marvin Jones or Marvin McNutt should work just fine I would believe.

Manningham isn't going anywhere. NY fans would storm the headquarters if they did not re-sign their SB hero. Meachem is likely to be re-signed at a low number. Given his injury history he won't get a lot of interest. Garcon is the most likely as he will not want to go through a training year with a rookie even if that rook is Luck.

manningham is so gone. he will get more than hes worth and they have been rumored to get back steve smith, plus theyre gonna need the money for cruz and nicks. theyll be fine without manningham

Not to mention Giants are OVER the cap and wouldn't be able to afford Manningham.
Its not as if it'd be hard for them to get under enough to make him an offer, but yes, Id say its a 90% chance Manningham is elsewhere next season as some WR needy team's #2 WR.

They got Osi and Cruz contracts to worry about don't you think it's harder than what you think? He's gone ohhhhhhh so gone!

Uhhh, the Giants are not worrying about Osi's contract. Hes got a year left still and they have no interest in extending him. He's their 3rd DE.
And Cruz is under control through 2013, whether he likes it or not. I agreed that Manningham is gone, but its not out of cap concerns, but rather their comfortable depth.

http://nfltraderumors.co/giants-now-open-to-a-long-term-deal-with-osi/
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

They can be open to it all they want. Its a rumor. I dont think signing a nickel only rusher is too high on the list of priorities with Pierre Paul's emergence. Osi's wanted a new deal for the last 5 seasons (no joke) and Giants havent even budged. Now they will that he's in his 30s?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter

RT @TheRealTwiggg: How about the Kansas City Chiefs franchise tag? ... Plan to tag WR Dwayne Bowe.

Sign Morgan, Plaxico, And Royal (or two similar tier WR). Draft Fleener, Randle/Hill, and Akpla.

TE- VD, Fleener, Walker
WR- Morgan, Plax, Crabs, Williams, Royal, Rookie, Rookie,
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Sign Morgan, Plaxico, And Royal (or two similar tier WR). Draft Fleener, Randle/Hill, and Akpla.

TE- VD, Fleener, Walker

i think your plax and royal type of signings are realistic. I think they will be the 49ers' target

TE- VD, Fleener, Walker

Eddie Royal would be a great replacement for Ginn. Equally valuable in the return game, more durable, and a serious upgrade at WR.

Do not want Plaxico. He'll be 35 when the season starts and he looked terrible last year. Incapable of separating without major pushing off. If we're going to target an older WR, let's go get Reggie Wayne.

I like the idea of drafting Fleener and Randle, though. Take one at #30 and then trade into the top of Round 2 to get the other one.

The reason the Giants are open to a long-term deal with Osi now is because they are in desperate need of cap relief. I'm sure any long-term deal they'd offer him would have a very small cap number for 2012.

They have about 20 free agents and some major holes to fill (TE for example), and they were about $7 M over the cap as of last check.
  • dj43
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:

TE- VD, Fleener, Walker

i think your plax and royal type of signings are realistic. I think they will be the 49ers' target

Royal may be a target. My guess is that Burress will not. Given the negative experience the 49ers had last year with another "character issue" guy (Edwards), I doubt they will take a chance on Plaxico.

The 49ers must get a group of WRs into camp early and give them the max amount of time to show what they can do within the system. They are therefore unlikely to invest time in someone who has been a problem child in the past. I may be proven wrong but I don't believe Harbaugh is going to waste valuable reps on an aging WR with a past.

Plaxico fits the role of a 1-2 year contracted vet that can come in and fill the need while the rookie developes to take over full time. Plaxico IMO is worth a shot. It not like Sanchez and that jest offense was lighting the world on fire, and Plax was the only one struggleing..
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
If wallace is too expensive, how about trade craps to steelers and take wallace and his $9.5-10 mil contract, which would give us a #1 WR, give steelers a potential #2 wR, and our incr cost is $4.5 mil per yr, but we no longer have craps here, and steelers have a recevier they can afford. Win/win.. We would have $4.5 mil more on our payroll but it would be a way to get a guaranteed #1 WR which is our #1 need. The additional $4.5 mil wouldn't break the bank...I hope. Then we need a handful of UdFA WRs in camp or maybe a rd 6 or 7. Any thot on that?

Can I have some of that bud that you're smoking? Crabtree wouldn't crack their starting lineup. the Steelers aren't dummies. Plus, Wallace isnt under contract so how could they trade him?

Once tendered, either RFA or Franchised, he can be traded, like Wes Welker was to NE from Miami, or Jared Allen from KC to Minnesota.
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:

The reason the Giants are open to a long-term deal with Osi now is because they are in desperate need of cap relief. I'm sure any long-term deal they'd offer him would have a very small cap number for 2012.

They have about 20 free agents and some major holes to fill (TE for example), and they were about $7 M over the cap as of last check.

Yes, big reason they will seek an extension is to lower Osi's cap figure. And Manningham not returning to NYG is both Depth for them and Money. Manningham will get good money, for a 3rd string WR, who never really did anything but the catch on game winning drive in super bowl, last Giants WR to do so, David Tyree, and where is he, NO WHERE.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:

TE- VD, Fleener, Walker

they can sign all of the above including A. johnson, it wont matter..... they all need a quality qb
Originally posted by fly15:
they can sign all of the above including A. johnson, it wont matter..... they all need a quality qb

good thing we have alex
[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on Feb 26, 2012 at 4:19 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone