There are 129 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is there any 49er that is more over-rated than Delanie Walker?

Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by NCommand:
His drops appeared to be really bad...with Alex and with CK. It didn't matter. His blocking is stellar though and critical on the edges, his routes are great, he's a team-player and a stud on ST's. Really, the only thing working against him is his height and his pass catching abilities. He can improve one but we still need that 6'6" TE for the EZ and in case something should happen to he or VD.

Yes. It's too bad there isn't a Jimmy Grahm Tree somewhere.

It sounds like there may be some good options in the draft this year after letting Fleener get away last year. Arg. But even with a 6'4" Moss, it's mind-boggling to me why we didn't run him out of a TE position and just lob it up there...like any defender could even make a play on it. Teams have been taking advantage of that simple play on us for the past 2 years. Coaching...
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GNielsen:
His drops appeared to be really bad...with Alex and with CK. It didn't matter. His blocking is stellar though and critical on the edges, his routes are great, he's a team-player and a stud on ST's. Really, the only thing working against him is his height and his pass catching abilities. He can improve one but we still need that 6'6" TE for the EZ and in case something should happen to he or VD.

Yes. It's too bad there isn't a Jimmy Grahm Tree somewhere.

It sounds like there may be some good options in the draft this year after letting Fleener get away last year. Arg. But even with a 6'4" Moss, it's mind-boggling to me why we didn't run him out of a TE position and just lob it up there...like any defender could even make a play on it. Teams have been taking advantage of that simple play on us for the past 2 years. Coaching...
i like his blocking sunday but i really really think it can not be that hard to find a tight end in the draft that can block and catch the ball. i still am ok with him gone
Command , the reason we didn't is because....somebody has to imagine it first....and there is my problem with roman...imagination, er, lack of it.
This is exactly why I started this damn thread in the first place.

Originally posted by dyNASTYmode: for sure keep him. I'm thinking if we could sign Goldson long term Walker deserves a franchise tag payday. TE is the cheapest tag of all positions.

he does everything for the team he prob could play kicker or linebacker maybe even nose tackle if any thing he's under rated
Originally posted by letsgon9ers:
he does everything for the team he prob could play kicker or linebacker maybe even nose tackle if any thing he's under rated

Delanie...is that you?
if he cut his dropball rate in half....he would be super legit.

the guy is a good blocker and gets open OFTEN in the NFL.

he is legit and valuable.

He is not as good as we all want him to be....maybe next year
Originally posted by Dshearn:

That's what makes the drops so frustrating. He drops wide open, uncontested passes. I still want the guy, but would rather not have to rely on him as THE #2 TE receiving option.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Dshearn:

That's what makes the drops so frustrating. He drops wide open, uncontested passes. I still want the guy, but would rather not have to rely on him as THE #2 TE receiving option.

for guys who arent natural pass catchers those are the hardest ones to grab are the wide open nobody around you ones. walker in traffic with no time to think comes up with some pretty impressive catches. i think he will always suffer from the dropsies, he is going into year number 8.
if he's cheap keep him, if he wants too much ,well,

bah.