LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 250 users in the forums

Long term solution at running back?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
There are several RB's that we can get in the 3rd-4th rd. areas. I say we will do this, and dump both Norris and Dixon.
Next year's draft will be stocked w/ quality RB. This year I reallly like Robert Turbin from Utah State 5'10" 216lbs.
Originally posted by darekster:
Is Kendall Hunter the long term solution at running back? Frank Gore won't be around forever. If not who can the Niners target as a free agent or in the draft?

he is a 3rd down back he is not every down back unless he improves signivacntly this offseason !
Originally posted by hbomber040:
Originally posted by Kronos2560:
The 49ers should just take whatever money they had planned on spending on new Running backs with, and invest it in Time Machine Development. That way when it finishes, they can go back in time and re draft Frank Gore, but when we do that, Secret Agent 11 (others know him as... "Smith") can inform Gire at that very point in time who he is and why hes here to take him "back to the future" 11 takes Gire back and we have a brand new Gire thats ready to go for another 7 seasons. At that point Chief of operations "Black Sweater" will the meet up with Steven Spielberg and give him a new plot for a brand new back to the future based off of the real events that happened in the 49ers organization. Speilburg will be so thrilled with the idea that it gets released during the seasons superbowl commercials (which the niners are competing in) where its "back to the future 4" but instead of Marty Mc Fly, its league leading rusher and NFL offensive player of the year Frank Gore. The movie gets so overly hyped, that it becomes the #1 movie in America and makes the largest profit in its first week in the box office in Movie History. Spielberg splits the profits with "Black Sweater", which means that the 49ers make back what they spent on the time machine to be able to fund it again and basically get Gire for another 7 years. Its foolproof.

But if that might be too complicated I guess Hunter will do after Gore is finished up here. I think Gore will be a productive runner for at least 2 of his last 3 years on contract, which should be enough carry over time for hunter.

The 49ers should draft that Omar Epps kid from the mid 90's movie The Program...He did great for the ESU Timberwolves and is fast as lightning. Plus if anyone gets injured he's got connections with House MD to help speed up their healing process or any other weird ailments that come along like the mysterious staph infection that's been going around the past few seasons

Hilarious. Loved the movie when it came out!
  • dj43
Teams need multiple RBs due to the pounding they take. I would be surprised if Gore gets to 1,000 again next season. He has taken a tremendous amount of punishment over the years. Dixon does not appear to be a dependable runner and Hunter does not have the size to be an every down back. I expect the 49ers to add a RB in the draft if a decent value pops up.
Put me down with toppdog, in that there are a lot of Rbs out there, and the kid doesn't have to start. But we do need to bring one in that AD doesn't seem to be the answer, and moran is now past his prime. Miller took care of that. As noted above, 3rd or 4th rd should still be some very good talent.
Isn't Marshawn Lynch (and Fred Jackson from Buffalo?) free agents? I love how hard Marshawn runs - would love him in SF. But they would command huge contracts. We should at least bid on them to drive up the price on Seattle! :)
We need someone with break away speed and someone who can catch passes in space and make things happen. Hunter seems to fit this mold. They need to work on developing him IMO. I think Gores best days are behind him. He's still a great RB don't get me wrong but he just doesn't "break out" like he used to. Does anyone really foresee another 175+ yard game from Frank? I mean...I'm not saying he has to run for 150+ each game but it seems like things have slowed down for him a bit.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Draft dat dude from bama in da 1st.
Originally posted by susweel:

I know you're kidding, but just hypothetically, what would that take to get Richardson?

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

I know you're kidding, but just hypothetically, what would that take to get Richardson?

He will probably go in the middle of the first round. Its too rich for our blood we have more pressing needs.
Hunter's definitely part of the equation...I'd expect Harbaugh/Baalke to acquire at least one RB in the draft. Since Gore's still productive, I'd say Dixon's on the hot seat. More and more teams are going to a 2-RB rotation...definitely saves wear 'n tear.
He will probably go in the middle of the first round. Its too rich for our blood we have more pressing needs.

what? i heard richardson is a top 5 pick
Michael Bush! Michael Bush! Michael Bush! He and Hunter would be off the chain!!!
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
There are several RB's that we can get in the 3rd-4th rd. areas. I say we will do this, and dump both Norris and Dixon.

Yup!
Share 49ersWebzone