There are 94 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Long term solution at running back?

Willis and Bowman, FB and HB...never leave the field.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Kendall Hunter is only 5-7 and weighs just about 200 pounds.

Kendall Hunter is too small to be the featured back.

You don't believe me. Here is proof.

The top two rushers in the NFL last year were:

1.) Maurice Jones-Drew 5-7 208
2.) Ray Rice 5-8 212
Originally posted by buck:
Kendall Hunter is only 5-7 and weighs just about 200 pounds.

Kendall Hunter is too small to be the featured back.

You don't believe me. Here is proof.

The top two rushers in the NFL last year were:

1.) Maurice Jones-Drew 5-7 208
2.) Ray Rice 5-8 212

Agree totally...too small!
  • Paul
  • Veteran
I just don't see Hunter being the starter for some reason. Think the 49ers can get another 2-3 seasons hopefully out of Gore and then draft his replacement next year.
It's not Frank Gore. He really hit the wall late in the season and in the playoffs. He kept having to come out of the game. We have to address this. Gore isn't getting younger and he has major injury history.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
stupid dingleberry scared away blount

Blount isn't a complete rb and the Bucs will be drafting someone to either replace him on passing downs or altogether.
Draft pick, 2-3rd round, this was Gore's last "productive" season, next just might be his last. If I were Frank would punch Kyle Williams square in the mouth
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Draft pick, 2-3rd round, this was Gore's last "productive" season, next just might be his last. If I were Frank would punch Kyle Williams square in the mouth

Lmao
I don't know how much Gore has left in the Tank so to speak, but I don't think we go early on a RB this season...next season yes.
Originally posted by oregonniner:
Fix our right guard situation and the running game might take care of itself. I do think we need a larger back to replace Gore and take most of the load off of Hunter. I love Lamichael's game, but he is too much like Hunter. Ball might be too small too, but he seems to be more powerful than Hunter and James. I would be happy if we got him.

Marcus Lattimore is 6'0 and 232lbs and woulda made a good run for the Heisman this year is he didnt get hurt
Ball is about 5lb lighter than Gore but their pretty similar. He's projected to run a 4.57. (Gore ran a 4.62). 40 times mean nothing unless youre drafting a strictly special teams guy.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Lattimore is coming off a torn ACL. It would take at least 18 months for that knee to get right.

Frank Gore tore his left ACL in '01, rehabbed all of the '02, came back in '03 and tore his right ACL
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:

Lmao

Gore wouldnt do tht, he got hurt and came out the game and resulted in Anthony "the dancer" Dixon to come in the game. tht was a big third down tht we didnt get. An RB is only limited by his blockers. If ppl miss block, his number will drop. upgrades to the O-line will be great. Hopefully we upgrade O-line this year and then draft an RB next year
Originally posted by Kronos2560:
The 49ers should just take whatever money they had planned on spending on new Running backs with, and invest it in Time Machine Development. That way when it finishes, they can go back in time and re draft Frank Gore, but when we do that, Secret Agent 11 (others know him as... "Smith") can inform Gire at that very point in time who he is and why hes here to take him "back to the future" 11 takes Gire back and we have a brand new Gire thats ready to go for another 7 seasons. At that point Chief of operations "Black Sweater" will the meet up with Steven Spielberg and give him a new plot for a brand new back to the future based off of the real events that happened in the 49ers organization. Speilburg will be so thrilled with the idea that it gets released during the seasons superbowl commercials (which the niners are competing in) where its "back to the future 4" but instead of Marty Mc Fly, its league leading rusher and NFL offensive player of the year Frank Gore. The movie gets so overly hyped, that it becomes the #1 movie in America and makes the largest profit in its first week in the box office in Movie History. Spielberg splits the profits with "Black Sweater", which means that the 49ers make back what they spent on the time machine to be able to fund it again and basically get Gire for another 7 years. Its foolproof.

But if that might be too complicated I guess Hunter will do after Gore is finished up here. I think Gore will be a productive runner for at least 2 of his last 3 years on contract, which should be enough carry over time for hunter.

The 49ers should draft that Omar Epps kid from the mid 90's movie The Program...He did great for the ESU Timberwolves and is fast as lightning. Plus if anyone gets injured he's got connections with House MD to help speed up their healing process or any other weird ailments that come along like the mysterious staph infection that's been going around the past few seasons
cut that fat out of shape dixon and draft a legit rb in the draft
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Barry Sanders Jr. in 2 years DO ITTT
Originally posted by aman49:
Wait a year, get Montee Ball, even if Gire

This, the 2013 draft is gonna have a bumper crop of top RBs!