There are 50 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Long term solution at running back?

Kendall Hunter will be our starter in a few years.
The 49ers should just take whatever money they had planned on spending on new Running backs with, and invest it in Time Machine Development. That way when it finishes, they can go back in time and re draft Frank Gore, but when we do that, Secret Agent 11 (others know him as... "Smith") can inform Gire at that very point in time who he is and why hes here to take him "back to the future" 11 takes Gire back and we have a brand new Gire thats ready to go for another 7 seasons. At that point Chief of operations "Black Sweater" will the meet up with Steven Spielberg and give him a new plot for a brand new back to the future based off of the real events that happened in the 49ers organization. Speilburg will be so thrilled with the idea that it gets released during the seasons superbowl commercials (which the niners are competing in) where its "back to the future 4" but instead of Marty Mc Fly, its league leading rusher and NFL offensive player of the year Frank Gore. The movie gets so overly hyped, that it becomes the #1 movie in America and makes the largest profit in its first week in the box office in Movie History. Spielberg splits the profits with "Black Sweater", which means that the 49ers make back what they spent on the time machine to be able to fund it again and basically get Gire for another 7 years. Its foolproof.


But if that might be too complicated I guess Hunter will do after Gore is finished up here. I think Gore will be a productive runner for at least 2 of his last 3 years on contract, which should be enough carry over time for hunter.
[ Edited by Kronos2560 on Feb 14, 2012 at 1:16 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 20,510
Originally posted by thechamber52:
Kendall Hunter will be our starter in a few years.

Agree, he's the future.
Having a good GM is the only way to be set at RB long term. Hunter hasn't convinced me, nor do I think he will, that he'll be anything other than a 3rd down back.
Originally posted by aman49:
Wait a year, get Montee Ball, even if Gire

this is what I was going to say. idk how fast Montee Ball is, but id like to have a guy like him on the team. Also, I think everybody forgot about marcus lattimore from South Carolina. I say if we can get Montee Ball, we trade our 2013 3rd and 4th for a somebody's 2014 1st(if he doesnt declare at the end of his junior year). He's only a sophomore(going to into junior year) right now, but he's a monster. sorry for the music btw. This guy

[ Edited by martysofresh on Feb 14, 2012 at 1:26 AM ]
Keep Gore in there. Phase in Kendall and run more RB screens for goodness sake. Get Kendall more touches so he can move the dang ball.
Keep Gore in there. Phase in Kendall and run more RB screens for goodness sake. Get Kendall more touches so he can move the dang ball.
Originally posted by Kronos2560:
The 49ers should just take whatever money they had planned on spending on new Running backs with, and invest it in Time Machine Development. That way when it finishes, they can go back in time and re draft Frank Gore, but when we do that, Secret Agent 11 (others know him as... "Smith") can inform Gire at that very point in time who he is and why hes here to take him "back to the future" 11 takes Gire back and we have a brand new Gire thats ready to go for another 7 seasons. At that point Chief of operations "Black Sweater" will the meet up with Steven Spielberg and give him a new plot for a brand new back to the future based off of the real events that happened in the 49ers organization. Speilburg will be so thrilled with the idea that it gets released during the seasons superbowl commercials (which the niners are competing in) where its "back to the future 4" but instead of Marty Mc Fly, its league leading rusher and NFL offensive player of the year Frank Gore. The movie gets so overly hyped, that it becomes the #1 movie in America and makes the largest profit in its first week in the box office in Movie History. Spielberg splits the profits with "Black Sweater", which means that the 49ers make back what they spent on the time machine to be able to fund it again and basically get Gire for another 7 years. Its foolproof.


But if that might be too complicated I guess Hunter will do after Gore is finished up here. I think Gore will be a productive runner for at least 2 of his last 3 years on contract, which should be enough carry over time for hunter.

brilliant
Adrian Peterson.
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Richardson could fall to 30 and fix that problem. Miller from UM is Gore with good knees n speed. He's a fix and so would a RB committee getting James. FA has a few good backs but we should be good with what we have for another season.

You got a better chance of getting a copy of Detox

-Tyler The Creator
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
One thing's for sure, Danthony Hixon is a gonner.

Even if Gire

?
He's not on the roster yet.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 20,510
Originally posted by martysofresh:
Originally posted by aman49:
Wait a year, get Montee Ball, even if Gire

this is what I was going to say. idk how fast Montee Ball is, but id like to have a guy like him on the team. Also, I think everybody forgot about marcus lattimore from South Carolina. I say if we can get Montee Ball, we trade our 2013 3rd and 4th for a somebody's 2014 1st(if he doesnt declare at the end of his junior year). He's only a sophomore(going to into junior year) right now, but he's a monster. sorry for the music btw. This guy



Lattimore is coming off a torn ACL. It would take at least 18 months for that knee to get right.
stupid dingleberry scared away blount
Fix our right guard situation and the running game might take care of itself. I do think we need a larger back to replace Gore and take most of the load off of Hunter. I love Lamichael's game, but he is too much like Hunter. Ball might be too small too, but he seems to be more powerful than Hunter and James. I would be happy if we got him.