LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 259 users in the forums

Long term solution at running back?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Is Kendall Hunter the long term solution at running back? Frank Gore won't be around forever. If not who can the Niners target as a free agent or in the draft?
Fronk gire
[ Edited by ninersrule4 on Feb 13, 2012 at 2:34 PM ]
Long term solution will be next year's draft. Loaded with RB talent or so they say. We can get thru next year with Gore and Hunter....
Kindall Hinter is a very good change-of-pace back, but not a true replacement for Frink Gire. I think the 49ers will attempt to draft Frink's future replacement this year and/or next.
I think once Frank is gone we will go to a platoon type situation at RB, I think next year will be the start of that
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
One thing's for sure, Danthony Hixon is a gonner.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
We need another RB maybe in the third round.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

i don't want him on the team anymore, he runs soft for a big guy and well..i'm so sick of reading his tweets lol
LaMichael James
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

i don't want him on the team anymore, he runs soft for a big guy and well..i'm so sick of reading his tweets lol

ugly hair color too

Originally posted by ForeverYoung8:
LaMichael James

dis doe

What makes you so sure? He was good on special teams.

No, he's not a 'big back', hammering type of runner. They should let him run outside more, he has very nimble feet and some quickness. He is good in space and once he gets past the linemen can use his feet and quickness to elude LBs and his size and momentum to run through arm tackles and knock down DBs for extra yards. When he was making TD's in the preseason he was running the ball outside. Just sayin'.
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Originally posted by ForeverYoung8:
LaMichael James

dis doe

Michael Bush
If we intend to keep Alex Smith, we better get find another stud RB fast!!! I don't like Kendall and LaMicheal backfield...too small. Maybe we get lucky and can replace Gire with another Miami product, Lamar Miller!!
my favorite RB in this draft is the MUSCLE HAMSTER!!!!! Doug Martin is a ground and pound RB that if paired up with Kendall Hunter would form the league's best RB tandem
Share 49ersWebzone