LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 268 users in the forums

Screw it Let's just go all defense!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
wasnt this basically mike singletary's logic
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
I firmly believe in the old statement "Defense wins championships" but i would like to see a better effort from the offense. Just in the case we are in the super bowl with a defense heavy team like the Ravens.

Oh, boy. Looks like you had some insight. Kaep sparked the offense but the damn defense took a dip when it mattered most. The last 3 years, it seems, we cannot get both sides of the ball clicking at the same time.
Originally posted by est1985:
I firmly believe in the old statement "Defense wins championships" but i would like to see a better effort from the offense. Just in the case we are in the super bowl with a defense heavy team like the Ravens.

Oh, boy. Looks like you had some insight. Kaep sparked the offense but the damn defense took a dip when it mattered most. The last 3 years, it seems, we cannot get both sides of the ball clicking at the same time.

There is a lot of truth to this as well. And, a lack of offense can also, in turn, put additional pressure on the D to play a perfect game. Plus teams we play in the playoffs know how to exploit our weaknesses esp. in the secondary (cough, Wilson deep to Baldwin/Kearse, cough, Flacco to everybody, cough).
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by est1985:

There is a lot of truth to this as well. And, a lack of offense can also, in turn, put additional pressure on the D to play a perfect game. Plus teams we play in the playoffs know how to exploit our weaknesses esp. in the secondary (cough, Wilson deep to Baldwin/Kearse, cough, Flacco to everybody, cough).

Still, in spite of the mistakes, if the 2012 defense had played anything close to the level of the 2013 defense towards the end of the year, the Niners would have 6 trophies right now. 31 points against the Ravens was enough to have won any of their five other Super Bowls.
imagine the 2011 niners D/ST paired with this year's offense.... unstoppable
The Coaches know what they are doing... they have proven that since they first joined us 3 years ago. I trust what they are doing and cant wait to see what happens. I do prefer a great Defense but cant help and remember S. Young and company back in 94' when it was a Great offense and a Good Defense... but despite options, it works when the hole team is well balanced and the players believe in S.F.
[ Edited by Constantine on Feb 19, 2014 at 12:31 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone