LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

Screw it Let's just go all defense!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Forget about Mario Williams, the guy wants to play in a 4-3 system, this reeks of more fandom style fantasizing. It's not going to happen. But what they could do is add some major pieces through the draft, there's quite a bit of talent at both 3-4 OLB and 3-4 DE this year.

And peppers said he wanted to play OLB in a 3-4... What's your point?
I want to keep Rodgers he knows the system and you know what you got. Going after someone else because they are younger or cheaper is risky business, there is no guarentee. Combine this with resigning Goldson and making a play for Mario Williams and letting Brooks go sounds great. I think it will just make the secondary more effective not to mention the overall defense.

Use the draft to get some offense. TE, WR, Guard. No sense going after a big name WR since we are not built around that and paying for one if you are not going to be using him often is possibly a waste. I we do, we should get someone who is clutch like Colston.
Originally posted by sf49ersx11:

Enjoy it. This is the closest thing to Mario Williams we will ever have lol.

LOL i remember that dude, but forgot his name.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Buckner?
Interesting reading everyones responses. If we sign Mario(13 Million), Alex(9 Million) and Goldson(6 Million is the franchise tender)
thats about 28 Million right there. Even if they take less we're looking at 24 Million minimum. Looks like we should keep Brooks
at a much cheaper price and resign Rogers or another corner. I'd still love to get Mathis but he'll want a big payday because he'll be 31 and not getting any younger.
That would make a difference. I think we can all see that with dominating defense you can win a title. All we need is the offense to be solid
instead of 29th in the league. I looked at Streeter and he would be a nice addition to the receiving core. I think some of you guys are being a bit harsh on Crabtree. I would like to see someone more committed as well but I doubt we can get someone as talented. He stays put unless you can replace his production or upgrade. But here's a thought. What would it take to get Mike Wallace out of Pittsburgh? 2nd pick plus Crabs maybe?

Nevermind Wallace is a restricted free agent. We'd give up the #1 pick. But I'd take a true number 1 receiver and give up that pick. Pittsburg would want more though.
[ Edited by gavindirishmen on Feb 10, 2012 at 7:06 PM ]
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Free Russian love match!
Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Buckner?

Is that Jeff Posey?
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
andrew williams
Interesting that so many people believe defense wins championships when the two teams playing in the super bowl were 27th and 31st in total D. I believe it is good to have a great D but you need balance and the ability to play in different ways and win both defensively and offensively. SF seems ideally suited for this jump as their offense goes into the second year of Harbaugh ball.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Interesting that so many people believe defense wins championships when the two teams playing in the super bowl were 27th and 31st in total D. I believe it is good to have a great D but you need balance and the ability to play in different ways and win both defensively and offensively. SF seems ideally suited for this jump as their offense goes into the second year of Harbaugh ball.

NY was banged up on defense all season until the last few games. If their defense would of been healthy all year, they're a top 10 defense
Your a fool if you think other wise!

And besides the SB should of been 49ers vs Ravens anyways! Both NY and NE backed into the super bowl

Originally posted by solidg2000:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

NY was banged up on defense all season until the last few games. If their defense would of been healthy all year, they're a top 10 defense
Your a fool if you think other wise!

And besides the SB should of been 49ers vs Ravens anyways! Both NY and NE backed into the super bowl

My goodness, a fool if someone disagrees with you? Last year the NYGs were 17th in points allowed. This year they were lower. Yes they played better toward the end of the year...but they are still not better defensive teams than Baltimore or SF, who were beaten in the playoffs. Why? Because they were not balanced by equally good offenses as the Giants were.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Feb 10, 2012 at 8:41 PM ]
Spend it all on defense, NO ONE EVER SCORES ON US AGIAN!!!!...unless Kyle Williams muffs a punt or some crap!
[ Edited by GolittaCamper on Feb 13, 2012 at 6:21 AM ]
It aint a bad idea at all, it would keep us competitive for a Long Time.
i want an offense that doesnt go 3 and out most of the time and can get a td in the rz. you can have an amazing d but when your offense puts your d on the field time and time again youre gonna get tired.
Originally posted by Hopper:
andrew williams

There you go.
Share 49ersWebzone