There are 100 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

If you were the General Manager/Head Coach what would you do this offseason?

ill make mine pretty short and simple..

Current Team Resignings
Higher money value signings

I Would resign Alex QB to a 2 year deal.
Goldson FS,
Resign Rodgers CB.
Brooks OLB depending on Money Value.
Tedd Ginn KR/WR
Josh Morgan WR

Lower Money Value signings

Tukuafu DT
Larry Grant LB
CJ Spillman CB
Blake Costanzo LB/ST
Adam Snyder OL

Cutt
Haralson OLB.
Brock CB
Brett Swain WR
Madiue Williams FS
Reggie Smith SS
Moran Norris FB
Chilo Rachal RG

Free Agents
#1 Priority sign WR Dwayne Bowe.
Possibilities on how to do so : Throw Michael Crabtree into some type of trade deal, this will create $$ Room and be tempting saying heres a receiver and a 3rd round pick.. Or only give our 1st from this year.

#2 No Dwayne Bowe? Go after Vincent Jackson. The kid is a monster.

#3 Check around town for another DB, Not Pricey, but 1 that will get the job done.
#4 OLB/DE/FS

Draft
Round 1 1DE/2WR
Round 2 1WR/2DE
Round 2 (Trade 3rd and 4th) RB
Round 5 CB
Round 6 WR

Roster Starters OFFENSE
Quarterback : Alex Smith
Running Back: Frank Gore/Kendall Hunter/2nd Round Running Back....
Wide Receiver : Dwayne Bowe, Michael Crabtree, Joshua Morgan, 1st Rnd/2nd Rnd Wide Receiver, Tedd Ginn
Tight End: Vernon Davis/Delanie Walker

Offensive Line : Joe Staley, Mike Iupatai, Jonathan Goodwin, Adam Snyder, Anthony Davis

Roster Starters DEFENSE
Free Safety :Dashon Goldson
Strong Safety: Donte Whitner
CB: Carlos Rodgers, Chris Culliver
MLB: Patrick Willis, Navarro Bowman
ROLB: Aldon Smith
LOLB: Ahmad Brooks

Defensive Front, Justin Smith, Issac Sopoaga, Ray Macdonald (1st/2nd Rnd Pick in here depth)

With the above i feel like we could really make a run for our money to a superbowl... we would have all draft picks for the next draft and we would be able to slowly fill any spot that seems out of shape. Holler back at anything you would change or do differently!!
[ Edited by SundayTicket on Feb 7, 2012 at 9:03 AM ]
Bring as much of the team back as possible
i would trade our 30th pick to some team who wants to jump back into the end of round 1 for some player, get their 2nd and 2013 1st rounder #WINNING
Sounds good to me, except cutting Brock and Haralson. If you bring in better guys and they get pushed off the roster in September that's fine, but you don't cut them before you know that you have a better replacement.
  • boast
  • Hall of Fame
resign Goldson and Rogers

sign Stevie Johnson
I would cut Frank Gore, trade for Arian Foster, cut Michael Crabtree, acquire Larry Fitzgerald, I would dump Delanie Walker, acquire Jimmy Graham, also would trade Alex Smith and acquire Tom Brady.

Is that how's it done? :)
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I would cut Frank Gore, trade for Arian Foster, cut Michael Crabtree, acquire Larry Fitzgerald, I would dump Delanie Walker, acquire Jimmy Graham, also would trade Alex Smith and acquire Tom Brady.

Is that how's it done? :)

just as realistic as most around here
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Sounds good to me, except cutting Brock and Haralson. If you bring in better guys and they get pushed off the roster in September that's fine, but you don't cut them before you know that you have a better replacement.

Yes i agree.

Plus the first thing I would do is draft a punt returner in a late round and then cut Kyle Williams.
I like your list with a few exceptions

Haralson cut? - You are insane......We are not deep in OLB and he is a quality player. If anyone gets hurt we are screwed.
Brock CB - why? He had two picks in limited action and he's young. Let him compete. The guy that will be cut is shauntae spencer.

PICK UPS
WR - hopefully big and fast - I like Bowe, and I like Laurent Robinson or Plaxico

DRAFT - in no order
TE - Harbaugh loves TE's - I think he takes one in the first three rounds, hopefully fleener will be there in the second
OG - Chilo will be gone and we need someone to push Synder
Safety - Is really thin
WR - We will pick up another one in the draft for sure
OLB - We need depth, probably one in the first three rounds
I'm not sure if we have enough money to do all of that. But your offseason looks good otherwise.
CUT KYLE WILLIAMS!
Originally posted by 5NorCalSavage2:
CUT KYLE WILLIAMS!

^ first thing i would do
Kyle WIlliams is our best slot returner and until there is a replacement you don't cut talent. There is a reason you all have day jobs.
Keep the defense in tact, add to the DL, and Secondary. Resign Goldson, Rodgers and Brooks.
Concentrate on WR, RB, OL positions through the Draft and Free Agency......
[ Edited by kemp_j on Feb 8, 2012 at 3:34 AM ]
i dont think we will get a big name WR. we need to keep our D together, so we might not have the money to get one anyway