LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 270 users in the forums

what would you give the first rd pick up for?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by MaliCali:
Originally posted by redniner49:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Why do we want Gates? We have Vernon Davis.....

with davis and gates we run a duel te west coast power slant offense

I want to laugh, but I'm afraid you're serious.

Let me get this straight, you want to give up our first round pick, two good, young players, a later 4th round pick..for Antonio Gates who will be lucky to play another 2 or 3 seasons, and a later 3rd?

Welcome to football, I'm sure you'll learn a lot in the years to come if you stick around, but please realize what you just suggested was about as full retard as it comes.

But it worked in Madden
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Yes, obviously you want Antonio Gates on your team when he's putting up near-career lows and in the twilight of his glory days.

some people are living in "fantasy football" world from 2 years ago, no matter the decline or where the players headed.
Uh...no. Gates has recurring injuries that will cut his career short. Walker needs to get the ball more...plain & simple. Draft Coby Fleener from Stanford (2nd rd)...then pack @ 10 lbs on him so he can handle the physicality of the position. Dude has WR hands and knows Harbaugh's system. With the 1st pick, take WR Jeffery from South Carolina...big, agile WR who can get downfield. Those two picks will go a long way toward shoring up the receiving corps. Re-sign Morgan and draft a speedster or sign another vet WR.
I would let Ginn walk. We sign Deshawn Jackson. We would Kill 2 birds with 1 stone. We get a better return man and a better WR. We trade out of the first round and pick up either a 2nd and 3rd or next years 1st and another 4th for this year. Draft WR, RG, & CB as our main focus. Then work on depth for the rest.
[ Edited by tbyrdc3 on Feb 7, 2012 at 7:19 AM ]
I would give up our former first round pick in crabtree, for a better cover corner.
Originally posted by redniner49:
if we sign back all or free agents i offer our first round pick up with klye williams ,delanie walker ,and 2013 4rd pick up to san diego for a.gates and their 2013 3rd pick

Gates is way past his prime - NO WAY. I'd rather take the Stanford TE with the 29th than get Gates. It would take more than a first to get Brandon Marshall or even Damarius Thomas. We're better off in FA with VJackson or Bowe.

IF the targeted big WR, the Stanford TE, or key OL is already gone, I'd love to see SF trade back for another team's next years first and this year's second. You'd have to believe your other targets will be there when you trade back though. WE NEED WR talent!
Originally posted by tbyrdc3:
I would let Ginn walk. We sign Deshawn Jackson. We would Kill 2 birds with 1 stone. We get a better return man and a better WR. We trade out of the first round and pick up either a 2nd and 3rd or next years 1st and another 4th for this year. Draft WR, RG, & CB as our main focus. Then work on depth for the rest.

Not sure if we can get Me-shawn Jackson to buy into the whole,"The team, the team, the team" concept. For the right price, I'd give him a shot, but I really wouldn't want to break the bank for him. In my opinion, there are better WR options out there.
Originally posted by bracus:
Give up our 1st to the Raiders for Shane Lechler. With Lee and Lechler we run a duel P west coast power slant special teams.

And just think we could punt out of a pro set. Completely confuse the receiving team as to which punter will punt the ball!!!!
Originally posted by AthensGaNiner:
Originally posted by tbyrdc3:

Not sure if we can get Me-shawn Jackson to buy into the whole,"The team, the team, the team" concept. For the right price, I'd give him a shot, but I really wouldn't want to break the bank for him. In my opinion, there are better WR options out there.

Plus we can probably resign Ginn for relatively cheaply. Why let him walk? It was obvious in the playoff game that we needed him.

I hope that we draft a WR or 2 instead of spending big money on one. We need youth at that position to go along with Kap/Alex/whoever our QB is.
I do not want Alex Smith as the starting QB of our team! But I'd pick him over Rivers and Romo

I do not want Alex Smith as the starting QB of our team! But I'd pick him over Rivers and Romo
In that case let's draft fleener from standford
Originally posted by Redgoldknight:

i like alex smith and been a supporter since day 1, but id take Philip Rivers over him any day.. hes playing in california.. i like so cal, i like his style etc.. dunno i bought his jersey.. just have always been a philip rivers fan and i dont even watch the chargers

But btw, id trade our 1st for Dwayne Bowe to not be franchise tagged.. then id somehow fit Vincent jackson into our lineup, cut craptree, cutt williams, Keep Ginn/Morgan both would be cheap
f**k we have some dumb fans, we got a pro bowl te and very solid backup and a few blocking te's to choose from for that role, and these guys wanna trade for another te, john gruden hoarding 8 qbs on his roster thinks your idea is dumb
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Antonio Gates is "old, fat, and slow" by his own teams account. Why in God's name would we give up a 5th WR, 2nd TE, a middle round pick and a 1st for guy who is about 3 years past his prime?!
Share 49ersWebzone