There are 79 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The 49ers have a very difficult road in future playoffs in the NFC.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by leebert81:
Eli and Stafford are not elite QBs in my view. Good, but not elite.

Eli had 4,900 yards and has 2 Super Bowl wins. Stafford had 5,038 yards and 41 TD's.....

Ya I don't understand how some people think on this board. Stats, superbowls, wins. Someone can have all of those and someone will say they are "overrated"

Those guys are definitely not overrated. They are really good.

Stafford isnt elite though.. Look at his pass attempts, they are one-dimensional on offense
I'm worried about the Saints in the Super Dome.
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
I'm worried about the Saints in the Super Dome.

this, the saints will be heavily determined to get home field with the sb being at the dome. bring in spagnuolo as dc and if he can find pass rushers then you have to look out. i honestly see no team beating them at the dome only the packers POSSIBLY because of rodgers and the offense alone.
also cant overlook an eagles team coming off a bad yr with high expectations
our defense is better than all those teams put together

#notworried
Out of all of the teams in the NFC, we are one of the most consistent. Also, for those who predict gloom and doom, did it occur that some teams may fear playing the Niners? I don't know how happy some receivers would be going over the middle after they saw two players get knocked out in the playoffs by the 49ers. This team is young and we can keep that defense together, the NFC is going to have a lot to worry about over the next few seasons.
It would be a huge problem to go to the Superdome. I think a bigger problem than Lambeau.

Well, yeah. Lambeau means nothing anymore, as the Packers have lost there more often than won the last decade in the playoffs. The Packers are a dome team that happens to play outdoors. That actually hurts them in January, especially when compared to a team built like SF or NYG.
I agree with lifelong, a lot of these elite qb's we played walked into the games this season like it was gunna be a walkin in the park, some of the coaches as well. Then the looks on there faces after games they lost to us was more like shear disbelief, with a hint of fear and a little bit of whoa. We made an impression on these teams this season and gave them something to fear.
AFC
Tom Brady,
Philip Rivers
Matt Schaub
PeytonManning/Andrew Luck
Emergence of Andy Dalton

can do this all day.. we beat IMO the best Quarterback in the game and thats drew brees.. no excuses just win
Sounds like they're the ones with the tough road.

Good luck with our injury-creating defense.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
our defense is better than all those teams put together

#notworried

Yeah man. I looked at that list and went..."Meh."

Feels good to be one of the league's elite teams again.
I disagree, I think teams should fear us. Tough? Yes. But 49ers are force to be reckoned with. 49ers> Bears, Lions, cowboys, Saints, Falcons. Out of respect I won't say better than Giants or Packers but I think we are better than both of them too. We are the rising power in the West my friends, make no mistake about it, the road to the super bowl goes through San Fransico.
As long as we have Harbaugh, we're going to be in each and every game we play--as we were this year. With a full offseason to install the complete offensive and defensive game plans, as well as give Smith his first ever 2nd year in the same offense and assuming we keep the D mostly together this year (keeping Goldson and Rodgers) and add 2 high caliber WRs (1 in draft, 1 in FA) we're going to be a threat to win it all.

The NFCs going to be tough, but we're going to be a very strong team for a long time.
You guys are like battered wives in a new relationship. I thought you guys watched the games close enough to realize that a good amount of the wins came on the ability of our coaching staff to out coach the other. Not worried at all as long as we have JH we will be fine no matter whos on the schedule. Think about it better coaching all of a sudden the rookies you draft play better and can make an impact in year one. Cant wait for the staff to get guys they want this year too. Imagine if we can get another 3-4 more players in this years draft. 4 rookies had an impact on a 13 win team they can only get better form here.
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by leebert81:
Eli and Stafford are not elite QBs in my view. Good, but not elite.

Eli had 4,900 yards and has 2 Super Bowl wins. Stafford had 5,038 yards and 41 TD's.....

Ya I don't understand how some people think on this board. Stats, superbowls, wins. Someone can have all of those and someone will say they are "overrated"

Those guys are definitely not overrated. They are really good.

Stafford isnt elite though.. Look at his pass attempts, they are one-dimensional on offense

if all the 49ers did was pass and alex managed to get 40+ tds and 5k yards everyone would be calling him the next HOF niner QB

stafford does it and he isnt elite because all they did was pass