There are 200 users in the forums

The 49ers have a very difficult road in future playoffs in the NFC.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
For the 49ers memorable run they played the best year in and year out. This is what defined them. I don't think Coach Harbaugh wants anything less.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
we'll be in the playoffs next season. no doubt in my mind. Probably 4th seed, but in the playoffs none the less.
we have to keep this defense together first and foremost......and like one of the few things me and SD9er agree on, we HAVE to bring back Goldson. He did a great job reading Brees, and making him second guess himself. And he also read Eli well, and almost got 2 INTs.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
we have to keep this defense together first and foremost......and like one of the few things me and SD9er agree on, we HAVE to bring back Goldson. He did a great job reading Brees, and making him second guess himself. And he also read Eli well, and almost got 2 INTs.

not knocking on goldson

although he did read it well if he stayed out of it the CBs wouldve got the ints
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by Afrikan:

not knocking on goldson

although he did read it well if he stayed out of it the CBs wouldve got the ints
The point is, as a free safety (who is going to be a free agent) he has shown that he can read Elite QBs in this league.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Feb 6, 2012 at 5:55 AM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
New Orleans Saints: Elite QB. (Brees)
Green Bay Packers: Elite QB. (Rodgers)
New York Giants: Elite QB. (E. Manning)
Detroit Lions: Elite QB. (Stafford)

It's possible we have to beat 1 or 2 of these every single year to advance to where we want to go. Just think how hard that will be. I don't know how often we can even get back to the NFC Championship game. It will take quite an effort to make it even that far.

Good QB's:

Chicago Bears: Cutler
Atlanta Falcons: Ryan

I just don't know where this team is at. I don't know how many years this team can take out 1 of those or 2 of those or 3 of those if they are the wild card. It's going to be REALLY TOUGH.

New England has it easier. They are the only elite QB team. Pittsburgh is on and off with Roethlisburger. The Colts dropped off. The Jets dropped way down. The Houston QB situation is injured a lot. The AFC is easier to get through. By far I think.

SanDiego you come up with more pathetic excuses every other day as to why you have so much built up negativity for this team. We can beat anyone and it is just the start of something great in SF. 3 of those 4 QB's hit a wall this year. We need to keep playing our style of football. Forget about trying to be like everyone else.
Don't care, if a team is hot at the right time they have a solid shot, hence the Giants
3-1 vs the "elite" guys this year so I like there chances. The 1 is the fault of a backup PR.

Matt Ryan isnt good. Hes average. He has a big push by the league as the next great thing but he hasnt proved it. He lights up the bad teams but isnt big time.
The Bears are getting a run first OC. So there basically taking the ball away from Cutler. Bears are getting real old fast. The will not win 5 games next year.
Tough? Yes. Impossible? Heck no.

Jim Harbaugh will make Alex better this (full) offseason. Our WR corps will be upgraded (back from injuries + signing a hungry vet), our defense will remain mostly intact, and I trust Baalke and Harbaugh to have another solid draft. Instead of the 49ers looking at a tough road in future playoffs, the rest of the NFC should look at hoping of not having to face the Niners (kinda like in MLB where no one wants to face the Giants pitching rotation in the playoffs).
Originally posted by wolfpack52:
3-1 vs the "elite" guys this year so I like there chances. The 1 is the fault of a backup PR.

Matt Ryan isnt good. Hes average. He has a big push by the league as the next great thing but he hasnt proved it. He lights up the bad teams but isnt big time.
The Bears are getting a run first OC. So there basically taking the ball away from Cutler. Bears are getting real old fast. The will not win 5 games next year.

agree on everything but bears

i dont think they will make playoffs but theyre at least a 500 team forte is good cutler is good they will fix line and WR this season (for most part) their D is aging though but other than that theyre at least a .500 team

It will be more dominating next year when we win the superbowl because we won't catch anyone sleeping, they will be well aware of what we can do, and we will still DO IT!
First, you were the one that was saying after week 12 that we had no chance to beat anyone but the Rams on the remaining schedule, so I take your overall negativity with a grain of salt. That said, you make a legitimate point as to us having a lot of very good QBs in the NFC for the foreseeable future.

My counter would be that we were successful this year because we had one of the most, if not the most, complete teams in the entire league. Dominant D, excellent ST and a mistake-free O were the reasons for our success. Don't forget that Mr. Smith was responsible for A LOT of 4th quarter game-winning drives this year. The problems with every team you mentioned is that they are weak in areas other than QB (defense, run game, etc.)

Next year, perhaps our O strengthens and our D takes a slight step backwards. So be it. The Packers, Giants, Lions and Saints won't be the same teams next year either. This is a QB driven league, but it is not all about the QB.
Give the 9ers 2 very good receivers, ( Manningham, Colston, D.Jackson, ) not necessarily these names, but a WR of this talent level, a Defense as good as anyone and a QB who is never going to give the game away, is enough for me not to worry about any opponent. Harbaugh is a badass and knows how to get things done.
Every team has a difficult road. I have a hard time worrying about what I can't control, like who the other teams have playing for them. You win the division and take your chances.
IDGAF about any of them The Phoenix will fly mof**ka
Share 49ersWebzone