There are 148 users in the forums

Super Bowl XLVI: Lose-Lose for Niners fans

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This Superbowl sucks... I was supposed to be in Indy right now!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Fugg this Super Bowl, only reason I'm going to a Super Bowl party is for the Snow crab and Prime rib.

Aren't you forgetting the most important part??
My friends are throwing a SB party and I'm dragging my feet going. I know I will be yelling at the TV in frustration every time they mention Eli's toughness or Brady being in Joe's class
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
if the Giants win, i bet we play them on the opening Thursday night game to start next season.

still would rather have the Pats win, though. i f**king hate the Giants.
Originally posted by Eduardo75:
No.... The Pat's and Tom Brady have not matched Joe in terms of 4 Titles.. You have to win 4 titles to match 4 titles.. The Pats under Belichick and Tom Brady are 3-1.....

Joe Montana, even if Tom Brady or Eli Manning wins the MVP, will still be the only 3 times MVP winner.. In 4 Superbowls Montana never threw a single interception.. Neither Tom Eli not matter what they do this Super Bowl will match that either... Montana remains at the top either way...

Also, the 49ers having the best Super Bowl winning record of 19-1, 1984 Team, since the 16 game schedule started, is still in tact!

Definitely not a lose, lose for 49er fans..... Especially if this one just turns out to be a great game like that last one.. A great game can still be enjoyed!
Strong post and agree 100%

BUT if Brady wins a 5th today. I already had him on pace finishing his career at #2 All Time QB and I think a title today will almost cement that. Only guys in the discussion IMO are Montana, Unitas, Bradshaw (eh), Elway & Brady

It will be difficult living in an era (10+ years from now) where kids are asking whose Joe Montana & Brady was the greatest.
Originally posted by boast:
if the Giants win, i bet we play them on the opening Thursday night game to start next season.

still would rather have the Pats win, though. i f**king hate the Giants.

Yes

Bottomline: If Giants win, then Kyle Williams will be an after thought in NFL history. The media/NFL will focus on the Pros (Eli standing tall in the pocket/Guy poking the ball out) over a Negative story (Kyle Williams shi*tting his pants)

Any future arguments with Giants fans will result in.....yeahhhh can't hear you with the SB ring in my ear

IF Pats win. The debate over whether the Niners go to the Super Bowl with Alex Smith....continues & we still gain some of the respect we deserve

GO PATS ! ! !
DAVID CARR SUPER BOWL CHAMPION
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
DAVID CARR SUPER BOWL CHAMPION

lol Eli sustains an injury on the first offensive series and Carr comes in to lead them to 6 TDs and win the MVP.

Niner Talk would suck for the entire off season if that were to happen.
I hate both of these fraudulent teams, i wish they could both lose
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
I hate both of these fraudulent teams, i wish they could both lose

Yeah I wish the Ravens would of made it so I could at least root for a team.

ARGH!!!!

First time poster, long time reader/follower. I will be going to a superbowl party today wearing my Niners gear. I will support my team, even though they are not playing, they are the ones that should be in Indy not that other team. It does suck, but we will have plenty of chances in the near future with our current team! Niner Faithful!
Originally posted by KEGster:
Strong post and agree 100%

BUT if Brady wins a 5th today. I already had him on pace finishing his career at #2 All Time QB and I think a title today will almost cement that. Only guys in the discussion IMO are Montana, Unitas, Bradshaw (eh), Elway & Brady

It will be difficult living in an era (10+ years from now) where kids are asking whose Joe Montana & Brady was the greatest.

The problem with that is Brady doesn't win a 5th title, he's only been to 5... As it stand Brady is 3-1... If he wins tonight, they are 4-1... Even if Brady wins an MVP, Montana is still the only 3 time SB MVP winner... Montana, Aikman and Bradshaw are the only 3+ SB QB's never to lose the big game and Montana is still the only one to be in 3+ and never throw an interception...

Montana never lost a Superbowl, Brady already has......
Share 49ersWebzone