There are 278 users in the forums

When you have an elite defense.......

Shop Find 49ers gear online

When you have an elite defense.......

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Actually, that's a very good argument and one that gives me pause. With the ST we have, it seemed like we were in field goal range on every posession. And even though it was only three points, if you do that 4 times a game and score 7 twice, that is not bad. We were 7th in scoring......definetly food for thought.

The 49ers were able to move the ball up, and down the field for most of the season. It's just when it came to the red zone, things bogged down. I think the 49ers could be a lot better with a full offseason. I did hear that clip of Tomsula saying, "give the offense a short field." I'm sure someone on the offensive staff MAY be saying don't give the D a short field to work with.
Neither. The answer is use the talent you have to determine what attack best fits the talent on the roster.
The sad thing is great defenses usually don't have great offenses and vice versa. there are a few examples but not many.
But that ones that do usually get a Lombardi Trophy because they just dominate everybody.
Conservative is fine as long as it's efficient. We need to hit more open plays when they're there.
You should never make assumptions after watching a pro bowl game.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
You should never make assumptions after watching a pro bowl game.

I wouldn't even call it a game. They didn't even try in the first half. It was a disgrace, really.
You guys do realize that only a small fraction of the playbook was implemented. I think with our success this year people forget that we had practically no training camp.
Originally posted by Youngb:
You guys do realize that only a small fraction of the playbook was implemented. I think with our success this year people forget that we had practically no training camp.

thats all fine and dandy but we had a magical type of run in terms of TO margin, thats gonna be super hard to replicate, infact it wont happen again, we gonna need to play much better football just to maintain a similar record, it can be done but its gonna be hard, think of the 2010 falcons compared to the 2011 falcons, our work has just begun
[ Edited by crabman82 on Jan 29, 2012 at 8:21 PM ]
whats the chances of our defense duplicating last season? doubt they will as dominant, hope im wrong but we went like 14 games without even allowing a rushing td , thats insane. They will be solid no doubt though , but im sure we need to make some strides on offense to get that 6th trophy.
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by Youngb:

thats all fine and dandy but we had a magical type of run in terms of TO margin, thats gonna be super hard to replicate, infact it wont happen again, we gonna need to play much better football just to maintain a similar record, it can be done but its gonna be hard, think of the 2010 falcons compared to the 2011 falcons, our work has just begun

Oh without a doubt. Our competition is going to be much harder as well. We have road games against the Saints, Packers and Pats. That's gonna be tough.

Home
Arizona Cardinals
St. Louis Rams
Seattle Seahawks
Chicago Bears
Detroit Lions
New York Giants
Buffalo Bills
Miami Dolphins.

Away
Arizona Cardinals
St. Louis Rams
Seattle Seahawks
Green Bay Packers
Minnesota Vikings
New Orleans Saints
New England Patriots
New York Jets.

This year we actually have something to build on, unlike years past. With a few key additions via draft/FA and with a full training camp. Lets just say that I am excited.
Looking at our road schedule, it's clear the league hates us.....

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Looking at our road schedule, it's clear the league hates us.....

East coast media bias! I also think some, if not many, NFL games are "rigged," there I said it. The league wanted the rematch of the Manning/Brady super bowl.. but, this is a thought coming from left field (I know).
Originally posted by susweel:
Watching the pro bowl right now and its clear that its a WR and QB league and it sucks because we have neither.

I laugh that you actually think DB's try in the probowl
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by bayniner21:
Originally posted by susweel:
Watching the pro bowl right now and its clear that its a WR and QB league and it sucks because we have neither.

I laugh that you actually think DB's try in the probowl

that's not the point, the point is that the QBs and WRs are stars of the game now days. The rules are set up for that.
at least our outing this year will make some of those free agents want to play for us. insted of sayen f that. id rather sighn with the bills...
Originally posted by Humboldt9er:
at least our outing this year will make some of those free agents want to play for us. insted of sayen f that. id rather sighn with the bills...

no doubt thats true of any position, but WR.
Share 49ersWebzone