LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 395 users in the forums

Can someone please explain our cap situation as it stands this offseason?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by 9erred:
So you are willing to let one of the best CB's leave because of $$$. Roger IS the core player they need to re sign. of mpt framchise him.

Rogers is the key to the defense, when you can have man to man on the cb's the pass rush and the safeties play better.

It's gonna come down to years with Rogers over money. He's looking for a 4/5 year deal but at 31 I doubt they want to sign him for that long.

Neither will anyone else, which is why he will most likely stay.

True I think they can get Rogers back. I'm not sure what the going rate for CB's but 3yrs 22 million sounds about right. Nice signing bonus with a 4th year option.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Some one shine the AB shaped spotlight!

We need a gif or something for this, haha!

I'd expect us to get something worked out with Rogers. He seems to really want to stay, and I believe we've got the room to do that. I've read that Goldson could be franchised, and at a much lower cost than Rogers.

I doubt that we make a big splash this year in FA, going instead with the same under-the-radar approach from last year.

The only "splashy" type FA I'd like would be a wideout. Our front office did a great job of bringing in players that fit the system well and could be gotten for reasonable money, but we wiffed on our two WR additions, Edwards and Johnson. I don't know if that means we can't scout that position accurately or what, but it might be time to throw a little money at that particular problem.
I have a feeling we will keep Goldson, Rogers, Costanzo, Snyder and Morgan

But lose Ahmad Brooks
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by 9erred:
So you are willing to let one of the best CB's leave because of $$$. Roger IS the core player they need to re sign. of mpt framchise him.

Rogers is the key to the defense, when you can have man to man on the cb's the pass rush and the safeties play better.

It's gonna come down to years with Rogers over money. He's looking for a 4/5 year deal but at 31 I doubt they want to sign him for that long.

Neither will anyone else, which is why he will most likely stay.

theres usually always 1 stupid team out there
Originally posted by crabman82:

redskins....
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Originally posted by crabman82:

redskins....

That would be hilarious if Washington offered Rogers a 8-10M a year contract.
no alex please no
Share 49ersWebzone