LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 290 users in the forums

Can someone please explain our cap situation as it stands this offseason?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Obviously, not counting our own FAs. How much money will we have to work with?

Can someone provide a link or source on this topic? Or if you know the answer but cant find the source, that is fine too....as long as you know for sure you are correct.

Thanks in advance.
who knows, u get different answers from different people, besides, if u really wanna create cap space u can by moving some things around, bottom line is if u really really want a guy, u can find a way to fit him in
AB knows, we have like 30-40 mill
All I know is, we need to keep our core players around. And let the replaceable's go

Alex
Snyder
Ginn
(Let morgan, norris, swain, go)

Goldson
(Let brooks go, he's going to want way too much, I read a post earlier in the year that mentioned no hometown discounts, we could easily put Larry Grant, or garbage haralyson on that side. Plus Aldon will have more experience at OLB, so its not like we need brooks.

Rogers- If he wants too much, let him go. Simple as that, find more depth through the draft.
Originally posted by 49ersRealist:
All I know is, we need to keep our core players around. And let the replaceable's go

Alex
Snyder
Ginn

Goldson
(Let brooks go, he's going to want way too much, I read a post earlier in the year that mentioned no hometown discounts, we could easily put Larry Grant, or garbage haralyson on that side. Plus Aldon will have more experience at OLB, so its not like we need brooks.

Rogers- If he wants too much, let him go. Simple as that, find more depth through the draft.

goldson is gonna want far more than brooks, and larry grant is also a free agent, he had a good cameo for willis this year, ppl gonna go after him, read on rotoworld seattle might be interested
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by 49ersRealist:

Alex
Snyder
Ginn

Goldson

goldson is gonna want far more than brooks, and larry grant is also a free agent, he had a good cameo for willis this year, ppl gonna go after him, read on rotoworld seattle might be interested
We have to keep Morgan. He is the only true west coast type receiver we have. He is the best route runner out of the receivers we have. He will also come cheap.
Go to the Free Agency link and see the thread about the 2012 Cap. http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/free-agency/162912-2012-cap/

Moneywise it is likely we can keep most of our players. The issue becomes do we want to "splash" in FA. The answer is that we probably won't.
[ Edited by VA49er on Jan 29, 2012 at 4:23 PM ]
i dont think the league has set the cap yet for the 2012 season, so it is too early to say for sure
http://www.ninercaphell.com/salary
I dont think we need to sign one FA outside of our team as long as we can bring all of our guys back.

We are young enough to continue building this team through the draft. A big name WR or QB would ruin our cap.....

So you are willing to let one of the best CB's leave because of $$$. Roger IS the core player they need to re sign. of mpt framchise him.

Rogers is the key to the defense, when you can have man to man on the cb's the pass rush and the safeties play better.
yes
Some one shine the AB shaped spotlight!
Originally posted by 9erred:
So you are willing to let one of the best CB's leave because of $$$. Roger IS the core player they need to re sign. of mpt framchise him.

Rogers is the key to the defense, when you can have man to man on the cb's the pass rush and the safeties play better.

It's gonna come down to years with Rogers over money. He's looking for a 4/5 year deal but at 31 I doubt they want to sign him for that long.
  • dj43
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by 9erred:

It's gonna come down to years with Rogers over money. He's looking for a 4/5 year deal but at 31 I doubt they want to sign him for that long.

Neither will anyone else, which is why he will most likely stay.
Share 49ersWebzone