LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 295 users in the forums

Secondary Coach Ed Donatell to Oakland?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Raiders might be looking at him for the DC vacancy

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/39339/raiders-dc-update
Man, f**k the Raiders. Let them go and find their own assistants, s**t go hire Singletary, he's available.
Raider fans want him

http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/oakland-raiders-forum-message-board/187102-dc-update-could-johnson-smith-ed-donatell-allen-deeply-involved.html
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I bet they make a play for Rogers and Goldson if he gets hired.
Quick. Someone show them the Eagles/Packers playoff game from way back. What was that ...3rd and twenty something.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Raider fans want him

http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/oakland-raiders-forum-message-board/187102-dc-update-could-johnson-smith-ed-donatell-allen-deeply-involved.html

Oakland raider fans are generally buffoons who know nothing about football. Since Donatell will be coming from a winning team, they figure he MUST be good.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
he's a good coach... I know he was with the Falcons and Packers before, not sure how good those defenses did but Harbaugh has always been about his staff promotions.
The Raiders have a classic and well known hard-on for all things Niners. They hate the Niners so much that they love and want to be them. This is what they do.
Originally posted by susweel:

not even close to being funny
Wish it wasn't for a DC position. We'd seem like major d-bags for denying permission. If it were for another positional job, I'd say back off, get someone else.

• dj43
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Wish it wasn't for a DC position. We'd seem like major d-bags for denying permission. If it were for another positional job, I'd say back off, get someone else.

Since DC is a promotion, the 49ers cannot deny him.

Teams can deny permission to make a parallel move (DC for Team A to DC for Team B) but they cannot prevent an assistant from moving up to a coordinator position.

If true, I am sure Harbaugh/Baalke would not attempt to prevent it. Every coach dreams of moving up the ladder. If an assistant was offered a position with a team but found out they were not willing to allow a move up, that coach would not accept the position. Just the way it is...
Originally posted by dj43:
Since DC is a promotion, the 49ers cannot deny him.

I'm sure they can deny him.

Ken Whisenhunt blocked one of his position coaches from interviewing for the OC position in Tampa Bay.
Please God no!!!! He helped our secondary a bunch. He made TBrown play good!!! Raiders need to go raid someone else's coaching staff.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by susweel:

not even close to being funny

I wasn't joking.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Man, f**k the Raiders. Let them go and find their own assistants, s**t go hire Singletary, he's available.

LOL! couldn't have said it any better.
Share 49ersWebzone