There are 200 users in the forums

Aldon Smith got a dui doe

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by VA49er:
I like Aldon Smith a ton as a player. However, there really isn't anything to excuse getting pulled over for a DUI at 9:30AM. You should never get pulled for a DUI period. Especially making the kind of money this guy does. You telling me he can't afford a cab. Or even car service? Hopefully this is isolated and a 23 year old being foolish. However if you get pulled over for a DUI at 9:30 in the AM:

A. You woke up after a late night and were still drunk above the limit!
or
B. You were still getting your party on or getting it restarted.
or worst case
C. you can't function without a drink in the AM.

In all cases let's hope this is isolated and he gets himself moving in a positive direction. It would be terrible to waste all that talent and potential because you can't be responsible.

9:30am?????

f**k! There is no good reason to be drunk at 9:30am, especially when his biological clock said 6:30am PST....

Please God, let it be really strong mouth wash.

he was pulled over at 4:33 am.

still no excuse. the NFL even has a car service for drunk players. hope he learns from this mistake. glad no one was hurt.

You gotta have at least one DUI it adds to your street cred.
The hope here is this was an anomaly...and won't be repeated. Where was his wingman? Aldon needs to show better judgement...can't afford mistakes like that. I'm sure Harbaugh was none too happy about it.
Originally posted by susweel:
I blame Kyle Williams for making him drink to numb the pain.

this is what i told my boss on monday when i was sleeping
I like Aldon Smith a ton as a player. However, there really isn't anything to excuse getting pulled over for a DUI at 9:30AM. You should never get pulled for a DUI period. Especially making the kind of money this guy does. You telling me he can't afford a cab. Or even car service? Hopefully this is isolated and a 23 year old being foolish. However if you get pulled over for a DUI at 9:30 in the AM:

or
or worst case

In all cases let's hope this is isolated and he gets himself moving in a positive direction. It would be terrible to waste all that talent and potential because you can't be responsible.

waiste all that talent because of a simple DUI? is he getting all of his talents removed from his body because of a DUI charge? .. DUI's are dumb but hes a grown man and your acting like his father on a forum.. chill out.
Originally posted by longtime49erfan:
Make enough laws and you create a nation of criminals. Just because he was busted for DUI doesn't mean anything. Thug cops are being trained to presume everyone is guilty of something rather than that everyone is innocent until proven guilty. These pigs (and I am referring specifically to those uniformed outlaws that violate the constitution and the rights of citizens) arrest people in order to make their quotas; not because the arrested person is a danger to anyone.

I'll bet Aldon was a bit tipsy but did something stupid that called attention to him by one of these thug cops.

It amazes me that "sports fans" (and I use the term loosely) are ready to condemn Aldon Smith for getting arrested., He is a football player. What he does in his private life is not relevant to that (as long as he doesn't become a serial killer or something similar).

Furthermore, none of you have any way of knowing if this is Aldon's fault or the thug cop's fault. None of you know if Aldon really did something worthy of arrest, or if some pig thug cop is just adding a notch to his quota book.

There is a whole lot of assumption in your post. There needs to be some evidence to indicate that it was the police officer's fault.

You slate fans for condemning his arrest? Driving a car without full control of it is highly dangerous and frequently results in death, either of the driver, passengers or others who were unfortunate enough to be around. His arrest should be condemned.

The NFL don't agree with your comment that what he does in his private life is not relevant to him being a football player.

Smith did a very stupid thing which could have resulted in his own or other peoples death or serious injury. He seems an intelligent young man. Hopefully he has learned from the experience.
" 49ers OLB Aldon Smith's blood-alcohol level was more than twice the legal limit when he was arrested for DUI on Miami Beach Saturday morning.

Smith's first BAC test showed .194, and the second .176. The Florida legal limit is .08. Police observed Smith "swerving in and out of lanes" before pulling him over at 4:33AM. Other drivers were forced to "break abruptly" to avoid a collision. Smith is likely facing at least a one-game NFL suspension. "

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/01/smith-was-swerving-before-his-dui-arrest.html
Originally posted by spizzy:
" 49ers OLB Aldon Smith's blood-alcohol level was more than twice the legal limit when he was arrested for DUI on Miami Beach Saturday morning.

Smith's first BAC test showed .194, and the second .176. The Florida legal limit is .08. Police observed Smith "swerving in and out of lanes" before pulling him over at 4:33AM. Other drivers were forced to "break abruptly" to avoid a collision. Smith is likely facing at least a one-game NFL suspension. "

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/01/smith-was-swerving-before-his-dui-arrest.html

I still think we should trade him for MRob.
who gives a f**k? he's what, 21? 22? rich? smfh
God damn, .194? Dude was thizzin off the juice...
Originally posted by SundayTicket:

or
or worst case

waiste all that talent because of a simple DUI? is he getting all of his talents removed from his body because of a DUI charge? .. DUI's are dumb but hes a grown man and your acting like his father on a forum.. chill out.

this x99

cops really need to stop giving out so many dui's

freekin pigs

Goodell hates the 49ers, so its a more-than-likely suspension, but probably for more than one game.

I was gonna ask what his BAC level was.....

Damn, 0.194 is indeed very high. That's known as aggravated DWI in most jurisdictions being more than double 0.08.

Not to condone drinking and driving but there's a threshold of between 0.05 to 0.079 that's called DWAI (driving while ability impaired) that's less serious than DWI, and was hoping that was it.

We should consider Aldon very lucky under the circumstances. I know what ~0.08 feels like.....I could only imagine double or worse......it is definitely asking for it. Most of those MADD tragedies have the drunk driver in the 0.21 - 0.24 range....at this level the driver is just about completely oblivious to what is going on.

He's also lucky that Florida seems to have a slap on the wrist compared to other parts of the country, namely Long Island, NY. Most of this seems to be fines, probation, DUI school, community service.....no license suspension or revocation. He may even be able to plea bargain to a deal that pays out more money/community service if need be.

Hopefully this is the last we hear of Aldon in this light.
Originally posted by HessianDud:

Goodell hates the 49ers, so its a more-than-likely suspension, but probably for more than one game.

He has no history of any issues so it should be a fine. Not a suspension. And if it does result in a suspension one game max. If it is more than it is clear that the NFL is out to get the 49ers.
Yeah he was f**ked up, you can see it in his eyes on the mugshot pic, dat ninja was gooooone LOL.
Share 49ersWebzone